ADVERTISEMENT

Intro press conference

I loved how Senter took direct pot shots at Dimel lol 😅 " We don't wanna just posses the ball we wanna score more points then the other team" I can at least respect that Senter is obviously fighting for his job with this hire. He apparently recognized that a Big Change was needed. Dimel's name wasn't even mentioned. Sometimes the previous coach is thanked, but Hell no, it's time for the Walden Era!!! I like this guy!!!

Anybody catch “This is a great place to ‘START’ my FBS career…”

Which is OK, bc of the obvious if he’s taken away then we did good with the hire.

All I’m asking for is a buyout clause.
I saw Walden signed an extension at the beginning of this year. I wonder how much UTEP paid to buy him out.

I loved how Senter took direct pot shots at Dimel lol 😅 " We don't wanna just posses the ball we wanna score more points then the other team" I can at least respect that Senter is obviously fighting for his job with this hire. He apparently recognized that a Big Change was needed. Dimel's name wasn't even mentioned. Sometimes the previous coach is thanked, but Hell no, it's time for the Walden Era!!! I like this guy!!!
Good, Dimel thought his ass was safe! He played boring ball, and was stubborn!

As much as I wanted Marion, I think UTEP got it right. My goodness, he sure says all the right things. He might just be the guy, to get things excited, to a Mike Price level... Go Miners! Spirit, renewed! haha
We got it right. Marion lacks leadership experience. Has never been the CEO of a program. He may one day be a fine HC but UTEP couldn’t afford to strike out 3 times in a row with this hire.

I thought Walden said all the right things in the press conference, he even got me excited for what the future may hold. This is a complete 180 from the Dimel hire, young, energetic, wants to hike the ball every 12 seconds. Buckle up, this next season I’ll give the coach a pass but it seems like this could be spectacular or it could be disastrous if he goes 3 and out consistently. I also liked that he talked about actively fundraising for the program. I know coaches have a lot on their plate but this guy seems super proactive.

Someone on a previously thread called it though: Senter was gonna hire a Christian. Good call. I don’t think any of us care as long as he wins.

I thought Walden said all the right things in the press conference, he even got me excited for what the future may hold. This is a complete 180 from the Dimel hire, young, energetic, wants to hike the ball every 12 seconds. Buckle up, this next season I’ll give the coach a pass but it seems like this could be spectacular or it could be disastrous if he goes 3 and out consistently. I also liked that he talked about actively fundraising for the program. I know coaches have a lot on their plate but this guy seems super proactive.

Someone on a previously thread called it though: Senter was gonna hire a Christian. Good call. I don’t think any of us care as long as he wins.
Yes, Senter has a clear 2 factor hiring criteria. Like you mentioned, it doesn't matter, just win. That starts with recruiting. I like that Walden already has visits lined up for this weekend. The emphasis on team speed is also refreshing, and can work at this level.

As much as I wanted Marion, I think UTEP got it right. My goodness, he sure says all the right things. He might just be the guy, to get things excited, to a Mike Price level... Go Miners! Spirit, renewed! haha
Golding had a good introductory conference too.

However, I am warming up to Walden more and more. Love how aggressive he is being in recruiting already... going after some very solid recruits/transfer portal players.

Reactions: FedupMiner
This is still way too early in the process to prognosticate, but you can see where this is a young man’s game. This guys coming in with boundless energy, and it’s infectious. It seems like he has an almost insane self belief and I think you need that taking over at UTEP. If he believes what he says maybe he can tune out 60 years of mediocrity and turn this program around. But we have to see who leaves and who comes in. And he needs a QB.

This is still way too early in the process to prognosticate, but you can see where this is a young man’s game. This guys coming in with boundless energy, and it’s infectious. It seems like he has an almost insane self belief and I think you need that taking over at UTEP. If he believes what he says maybe he can tune out 60 years of mediocrity and turn this program around. But we have to see who leaves and who comes in. And he needs a QB.
Do we think anyone on the current roster can run his type of offense or it'll be better to bring in a transfer?

What an introduction! He absolutely won the introduction now we want wins on the field. Welcome to El Paso coach!

Something that hasn't been mentioned is that Dimel tried to keep his recruiting commits secret so that others don't poach the player. Walden says he's ready to recruit against everyone. I like that. Go Miners

I'm not following the Christian comments?
Goes back to this thread/comment:
@GymCenter only likes the missionary position and white Christian men to lead his revenue sports. So bland and boring, I’m done with UTEP athletics till he’s gone, I’m gonna rage drunk all day today in Vegas. Send donations to my cash app for bail money.

“"𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗻𝗼𝘄." -Scotty Walden

After 10 years of Run, Run, pass to make 1st down, then punt, I’d jump on a tortoise moving offense.

Hey speak for yourself, I would be thrilled if we hired a Satanist with a stripper girlfriend who owns a monkey who will try to eat the face off of any trespassers. Hell, I'd settle for a twerpy know-it-all atheist. But no...

As a Christian, we are to be bold in our faith, and so as CSW said, I give thanks to my LORD and Savior Jesus for what he has done for me. The Constitution gives us the right to freely express ourselves, so go on.
As develman said, a bit off color for me but, we have ourselves a coach.

As a Christian, we are to be bold in our faith, and so as CSW said, I give thanks to my LORD and Savior Jesus for what he has done for me. The Constitution gives us the right to freely express ourselves, so go on.
As develman said, a bit off color for me but, we have ourselves a coach.
I don’t have any issue with the guy’s beliefs. Senter and Wilson said they wanted a coach who was a high integrity guy and they obviously felt he is it. So let’s seen what he does. I will say he probably had the most exciting first day on the job in UTEP history. If he can keep up that energy and UTEP fans can get behind him I think he has a chance to make football fun again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT