ADVERTISEMENT

Keitha Adams hired at Wichita State

Lets see who Bob Stull is going to hire now. I would like a big name coach. But knowing Bob Stull he will get somebody cheap.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
She is taking a pay cut to coach a wichita state. The pull of home was too strong for her to resist. I wish her well.

Lets see who Bob Stull is going to hire now. I would like a big name coach. But knowing Bob Stull he will get somebody cheap.

What "big name" coach could be feasible? There aren't a bunch of "big name" coaches in women's college basketball that I can imagine being lured from other programs.

Pat Summit is deceased.
Brenda Frese probably won't leave Maryland.
Holly Warlick is only 5 years into Tennessee but I doubt she'd leave.
Would JoAnne McCallie ever leave Duke?
Theresa Grentz I guess is possible... but she's in her 60s now.
Dawn Staley just took South Carolina to the Final 4.... she's not going anywhere.
I guess Cheryl Miller is a big name.... doubt she'd leave the LA area though.

Where does that leave us?

Maybe they should promote Ewa Laskowska. She came with Keitha from Kansas, not sure if she is going to follow her back.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Nolan Richardson???

i'm sure old boob stull will leave no stone unturn canvasing high schools from Coronado to Eastwood (those were the city limits when I went to UTEP) for a ladies head coach. rest assured that the basketball program is in good hands. WHEW!!

Kelly Bond-White needs to be Keitha's replacement, and this needs to happen like today....

Here's her Bio from A&M

Kelly Bond-White enters her 15th season (2017-18) with the Texas A&M women’s basketball team, and has served as Associate Head Coach since the 2007-08 season.

During her tenure at A&M, the Aggies won the 2011 NCAA National Championship, made three Elite Eight appearances, won four conference championships and have appeared in the NCAA Tournament each of the last 12 seasons. She has played a part in 331 wins in 14 seasons in Aggieland—an average of 24 wins a year.

Bond-White, who joined the program shortly after Blair was hired, has helped the Aggies reach the Sweet 16 five times since 2008.

All told, Bond-White has been a part of 403 career victories, and has coached 31 first or second team all-conference players in her career. She has coached players to 14 Associated Press All-American honors in her career.

Bond-White has spent the last 17 years on Gary Blair’s coaching staff, including all 14 completed seasons at Texas A&M and his last three years at Arkansas. Her teams have made 15 appearances in the NCAA Tournament during those 17 years. During her time at A&M, she has coached 29 first-or-second team all-conference selections and 12 Associated Press All-America selections.

Her recruiting ties have been key for Texas A&M and her contributions on the court have also developed the best guard corps in the league. Bond-White has been instrumental in evaluating and signing recruiting classes that have been consistently ranked in the top 20 in the nation, including the No. 2-ranked class in the nation in 2012—the highest-ranked class in school history, which would go on to win the 2013 SEC Tournament title and reach the 2014 NCAA Elite Eight.

Make it happen Robert William Stull, time for a female African-American head coach at UTEP that has a top notch resume. She also applied for the Wichita job as well.

What about that super model that use to play for utep. Utep would have the hottest womens coach .

Kelly Bond-White needs to be Keitha's replacement, and this needs to happen like today....

Here's her Bio from A&M

Kelly Bond-White enters her 15th season (2017-18) with the Texas A&M women’s basketball team, and has served as Associate Head Coach since the 2007-08 season.

During her tenure at A&M, the Aggies won the 2011 NCAA National Championship, made three Elite Eight appearances, won four conference championships and have appeared in the NCAA Tournament each of the last 12 seasons. She has played a part in 331 wins in 14 seasons in Aggieland—an average of 24 wins a year.

Bond-White, who joined the program shortly after Blair was hired, has helped the Aggies reach the Sweet 16 five times since 2008.

All told, Bond-White has been a part of 403 career victories, and has coached 31 first or second team all-conference players in her career. She has coached players to 14 Associated Press All-American honors in her career.

Bond-White has spent the last 17 years on Gary Blair’s coaching staff, including all 14 completed seasons at Texas A&M and his last three years at Arkansas. Her teams have made 15 appearances in the NCAA Tournament during those 17 years. During her time at A&M, she has coached 29 first-or-second team all-conference selections and 12 Associated Press All-America selections.

Her recruiting ties have been key for Texas A&M and her contributions on the court have also developed the best guard corps in the league. Bond-White has been instrumental in evaluating and signing recruiting classes that have been consistently ranked in the top 20 in the nation, including the No. 2-ranked class in the nation in 2012—the highest-ranked class in school history, which would go on to win the 2013 SEC Tournament title and reach the 2014 NCAA Elite Eight.

Make it happen Robert William Stull, time for a female African-American head coach at UTEP that has a top notch resume. She also applied for the Wichita job as well.
That would make alot of sense. I look for Blair to retire soon and hopefully (for us) they will make a run at Scheiffer at miss state.
I think the girl she has now will follow her. Ketha wont let her get away.

Hate to see that She was my favorite opposing coach in the league.

What about that super model that use to play for utep. Utep would have the hottest womens coach .
hotter than this??
AP640813876033.jpg

Here's her Bio from A&M

No offense but who cares if she is African American?? Why does that have to be a thing? I want the best damn coach we can get don't care if she is purple!!

No offense but who cares if she is African American?? Why does that have to be a thing? I want the best damn coach we can get don't care if she is purple!!
Probably won't be a thing for Stull. He has hired without regard to race in the past and I would expect he'll do the same this time. Apparently he did ask the current top women's assistant to apply and she is good at recruiting and been with the program a long time. Hopefully her being originally from Poland won't be held against her.

Probably won't be a thing for Stull. He has hired without regard to race in the past and I would expect he'll do the same this time. Apparently he did ask the current top women's assistant to apply and she is good at recruiting and been with the program a long time. Hopefully her being originally from Poland won't be held against her.

I hope she gets a fair shot. It appears she has taking a liking to El Paso and you can never ever go wrong with a euro player pipeline because they will at the very least have strong fundamentals. You know those pesky fundamentals like how to shoot a free throw, not to pick up your dribble in the corner, how to run a fast break.

I hope she gets a fair shot. It appears she has taking a liking to El Paso and you can never ever go wrong with a euro player pipeline because they will at the very least have strong fundamentals. You know those pesky fundamentals like how to shoot a free throw, not to pick up your dribble in the corner, how to run a fast break.
Plus you have about 10% of the drama with those foreign players the rest of our coaches have to deal with. They are known to tell the american players real quick how spoiled they are.

This has as much to do with the return of Shocker football has anything else. They now have membership in quality g5 confence. Much easier to bring back football now. Much easier to fundraise. Financially much more appealing than playing fcs in the MVC. I'll be very suprised if wsu football isnt officially revived in the next 90 days.

This has as much to do with the return of Shocker football has anything else. They now have membership in quality g5 confence. Much easier to bring back football now. Much easier to fundraise. Financially much more appealing than playing fcs in the MVC. I'll be very suprised if wsu football isnt officially revived in the next 90 days.

Not what I've been hearing. Nor ESPN, nor NBC Sports...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...c-conference-votes-add-wichita-state-shockers

https://www.google.com/amp/collegef...al-of-football-program-would-be-shocking/amp/

I could be wrong, but the administration has been teasing the return of football for over a year. Alot of alumns and fans are very excited. Thats a hard genie to put back in the bottle, especially now that they are in a fbs football conference.

This has as much to do with the return of Shocker football has anything else. They now have membership in quality g5 confence. Much easier to bring back football now. Much easier to fundraise. Financially much more appealing than playing fcs in the MVC. I'll be very suprised if wsu football isnt officially revived in the next 90 days.[/QUOTE]
Could happen but I'll be surprised if it does. It would give the AAC 13 FB schools. Why would they want to do that?

Watching Ted Lasso reminded me of this topic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT