ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame QB Golson is transferring.

I dont want golson. Decent athleticism but has poor accuracy and pocket presence, he struggles reading defenses. I think we will be fine at qb next season.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Golson isn't coming to UTEP and UTEP should pass on pursuing him. For all the reasons MinerForLife said, plus his arm strength is extremely suspect. Not that we're running a version of Notre Dame's pass first, run second offense.

Its about the system. Golson doesnt fit in a prostyle offense. He's better suited for the spread. As for 2012 everytime notre dame needed a big third down conversion or big pass play they brought in tommy reese. What UTEP needs is a qb who can make progressions past his first two reads and stretch the field vertically golson cant do that.

Its about the system. Golson doesnt fit in a prostyle offense. He's better suited for the spread. As for 2012 everytime notre dame needed a big third down conversion or big pass play they brought in tommy reese. What UTEP needs is a qb who can make progressions past his first two reads and stretch the field vertically golson cant do that.

Totally agree.

Marshall also dumped their running back for sexual assault a few days ago. But UTEP is actually loaded at rb with Jones leading the charge.

Totally agree.

Marshall also dumped their running back for sexual assault a few days ago. But UTEP is actually loaded at rb with Jones leading the charge.

For UTEP to be successful, they have to have balance on offense. This shouldn't be a problem this year, both Simpson (who I think will end up being the starter) and Leftwich appear to be better passers than Showers. If the offense decides to load up on the run again, then they can expect eight in the box and instead of passing for strategy, passing out of necessity. Offensively, you try to avoid those situations. Just the same, having a thick stable of RBs tells you they don't plan on abandoning the run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT