ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Billy Gillispie article

Good article. Wish we could get some good donations for improvements. Go Miners.

Good article on where CBG has been and where's he's going. What caught my attention was the new $110 million basketball arena Tarleton is building. Says something about their fundraising apparatus that I wish UTEP had...or maybe I'm just not seeing it.

GO MINERS!

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-e...&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sharebutton
I think the fact that Tarleton State is a founding member of the Texas A&M system has everything to do with having the resources to build that $110 million arena.

They recently put $25 mil worth of upgrades into their football stadium in 2019 and even more recently completed another expansion project going from 16K to 24K occupancy. Plus, the baseball stadium and softball stadiums are being renovated, along with increasing occupancy. There are deep pockets supporting that school over in Stephenville.

I think the fact that Tarleton State is a founding member of the Texas A&M system has everything to do with having the resources to build that $110 million arena.

They recently put $25 mil worth of upgrades into their football stadium in 2019 and even more recently completed another expansion project going from 16K to 24K occupancy. Plus, the baseball stadium and softball stadiums are being renovated, along with increasing occupancy. There are deep pockets supporting that school over in Stephenville.
I think Lamar University has a bigger athletic budget than UTEP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT