ADVERTISEMENT

OT: HOCKEY IS BACK!

OsoFromELP

MI VIP
Sep 11, 2018
El Paso, TX
After 16 years the NHL returns to ESPN tonight. Not sure how I feel about that just yet. I thought NBC did a real good job with their broadcasts and promotion of the NHL. Either way, TIME TO DROP THE PUCK! 🏒🥅🚨

Reactions: mikesarabia
Very interesting to see what Turner does with their NHL coverage. Interesting to see if they can somehow replicate their success with the NBA with NHL. Specifically inside the NBA. I will be interested to see the studio personalities Turner brought in. If Turner does as good a job of coverage of the NHL as they have the NBA the NHL has struck gold.

Very interesting to see what Turner does with their NHL coverage. Interesting to see if they can somehow replicate their success with the NBA with NHL. Specifically inside the NBA. I will be interested to see the studio personalities Turner brought in. If Turner does as good a job of coverage of the NHL as they have the NBA the NHL has struck gold.
Forgot about TNT. Yeah, don’t expect a Shaq, Kenny, & Barkley panel.

For hockey fans who aren’t an ESPN Plus subscriber, here’s an incentive. As part of their rights deal, ESPN took over NHL TV. That means every out of market game not on national TV will be available on ESPN Plus. I’m going to rack up a bunch of gigabytes streaming games this season.

Forgot about TNT. Yeah, don’t expect a Shaq, Kenny, & Barkley panel.

For hockey fans who aren’t an ESPN Plus subscriber, here’s an incentive. As part of their rights deal, ESPN took over NHL TV. That means every out of market game not on national TV will be available on ESPN Plus. I’m going to rack up a bunch of gigabytes streaming games this season.
Just curious, who is your favorite team(s)?

Penguins for life!!!!
I'm a Pens fan myself. When I first started watching hockey there were no Dallas Stars, Phoenix Coyotes or Colorado Rockies. My cousin was fighting Hodgkins Disease (sadly lost the battle in 1993) so my brother and I became Mario Lemiuex fans and by default Penguins fans. It helped that our uncle lived in a suburb of Pittsburgh so we got caps and shirts when my grandma would go visit him.

Disappointed last season but look good so far this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT