ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: What Should Senter do About Golding?

What Should Senter do About Golding

• Terrell and Jones prove he can recruit, we lead the nation in steals. Give him more time.

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Senter can't fiscally afford to fire him, he gets another chance only because of our budget.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Golding has failed, we're losing fans, Senter needs to search for a replacement NOW

Votes: 29 59.2%

• Total voters
We got someone young and motivated and hasn’t worked out
There’s always a risk of failure with any coaching hire. That’s to be expected. I’d rather take that chance than seeing an older version of what we had back in the day. It’s like dating your high school ex 20+ years after the fact and she’s fat with 2 kids and you’re trying to convince herself she’s still got it.

Basketball is so much more different than football. With smaller rosters and all the transfers I think Golding has had ample time to build a winner here at UTEP. You hear these rumors that the big money boosters feel like Basketball is the crown jewel of UTEP Athletics and if they truly feel that way then UTEP should really be looking at making a change. We’ve always been notoriously slow at giving the axe to coaches and all it’s done is prolong the misery and it’s cost us every time conference realignment rolls around. Senter and everyone else need to get on the front foot, be proactive and bring in someone who can get the job done. If they fire Senter the only thing I ask is we don’t hear Gillispe, Sadler or Barbee’s names being brought up.

Yes agree 100%. For the same reasons my feeling is they give him another year. I feel that they feel he can get the players he needs in the next recruiting class.

Senter still believes Golding is the right hire. (This is what I’ve heard)

Reactions: JCorona
Yes agree 100%. For the same reasons my feeling is they give him another year. I feel that they feel he can get the players he needs in the next recruiting class.

Senter still believes Golding is the right hire. (This is what I’ve heard)
Hasn’t been able to do it the last two, why is next year going to be different. I just hope our freshman stay.

It took Golding 8 years to have a winning record at Abilene.

What is the deal with Merrick? He could not wait a week and a half to hit the portal?

Golding put this issue to bed tonight. The players rallied for him and he isn’t going anywhere
.500 on the season, .444 against D1 competition. It was a good game tonight, too bad that the season is at least 32 games long. He might survive, as Senter doesn't appear like he will fire him, but barring a miracle run in the CUSA Tournament Golding should (he won't, but he sould) be looking for a new job.

Will never happen, but since the NBA doesn’t wanna give him another shot—give Mark Jackson a call.

Last edited:
If we win our next 5 games Golding can get a 4th year. I give Senter permission.

I made a significant bet with a friend that UTEP MBB would make the NCAA Tournament in the next 10 years (it started in CRT's 2nd season).

If we win our next 5 games Golding can get a 4th year. I give Senter permission.

I made a significant bet with a friend that UTEP MBB would make the NCAA Tournament in the next 10 years (it started in CRT's 2nd season).
Geez. What did you sacrifice to lose? 😬

Geez. What did you sacrifice to lose? 😬
$$$$. It's all good though. Half way there and probably one more coaching chance to succeed. If we can't get to the NCAA in a 10 year span with 3 different coaches then I deserve to lose. Of course the bet was made before all this transfer/NIL crap. We all lost on that one.

Reactions: BillyFlava08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT