ADVERTISEMENT

PROGNOSTICATORS !!!!!

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
OK. The stage appears to be set for 2015 hoops.
As I see it, the squad breaks down this way...
Inside. Willms starting in low post...Vint backup
Possible starters Winn, Thomas, Romine at 3 and/or 4
Small forward/shooting guard.
Flaggart, Morris, Touchet, Mc Swiggen, Moore
Point. Harris, Caldwell and Artis

Willms, Morris and Harris each were part time starters last year.
Pretty much everyone else except for a little of Vint, Flaggart and Caldwell is speculation concerning the others, except I feel Mc Swiggen, Winn and Thomas will have immediate impact. I think there should be some help from Artis and Moore. Would love to see
Touchet, Flaggart, Romine and Caldwell provide some surprises.
I think it's intriquing to speculate what combinations we might end up with. I am excited about the prospects. I think our inside game will be a little shy of last year's, but I think our perimeter game will be drastically improved.
Thoughts ???

Very Early Thoughts
Starters............Willms; Winn; Morris; Harris; Artis
First line of subs.............Thomas; Moore; McSwiggen; Vint; Caldwell
Minimal minutes............Romine; Touchet; Flaggart

I think if they don't redshirt romaine he is gonna kick hooper out of playing time.....could be wrong

Artis
Harris
Moore
Thomas
Wilms

Starters:
Wilms
Winn
Morris
Harris
Artis

6th Man - Moore
Red Shirt - Romine and possibly Thomas (although they will need his help on the boards this year).

If you listen to Floyd you know where he is going with this team. Play small and fast...red shirt the freshmen.

I like this year's preseason team almost as much as I liked last year's preseason team. With a few breaks we can go dancing.

ve
I could be wayyyy off but I think this years team will be better actually!

If Artis gets his legs back, Harris plays with more control and Wilms stays healthy, who knows what they can do? There's been some transfers of great talent that have left CUSA, so I say UTEP chances have improved dramatically. However, I realize Sadler is rebuilding, but do not count out S. Miss to shake things up.

UTEP is going to miss Washburn's defense and Lang's big body. Expectations are waaaaaay to high for Thomas and Romine this year. Don't get me wrong, Thomas is going to be a stud, but Texas high school basketball at it's highest level is nothing like the level UTEP plays. Remember Chris Washburn? He was a Texas stud tearing up the high school level and spanked Hanks High in the playoffs. He couldn't adjust to the pressure of wearing a UTEP uniform (off and on the court) so he seems to be happy at the mediocre level at TCU.

Lol 2Step. What pressure of wearing a UTEP uniform? No NCAA wins in 23 years and 0-3 post season record under Floyd.

He upped his scoring and rebounding last year from his freshman totals. He gets to play Kansas, Iowa St, OU, UT, & Baylor twice each year. Talk about mediocre! I'm sure he misses playing UTSA, Rice, Old Dominion, and LaTech!

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Starters:
Wilms
Winn
Morris
Harris
Artis

6th Man - Moore
Red Shirt - Romine and possibly Thomas (although they will need his help on the boards this year).

If you listen to Floyd you know where he is going with this team. Play small and fast...red shirt the freshmen.

I like this year's preseason team almost as much as I liked last year's preseason team. With a few breaks we can go dancing.
ve

If Artis gets his legs back, Harris plays with more control and Wilms stays healthy, who knows what they can do? There's been some transfers of great talent that have left CUSA, so I say UTEP chances have improved dramatically. However, I realize Sadler is rebuilding, but do not count out S. Miss to shake things up.

UTEP is going to miss Washburn's defense and Lang's big body. Expectations are waaaaaay to high for Thomas and Romine this year. Don't get me wrong, Thomas is going to be a stud, but Texas high school basketball at it's highest level is nothing like the level UTEP plays. Remember Chris Washburn? He was a Texas stud tearing up the high school level and spanked Hanks High in the playoffs. He couldn't adjust to the pressure of wearing a UTEP uniform (off and on the court) so he seems to be happy at the mediocre level at TCU.
ve

ve

Seems
ve

ve

Sooooo. Seems that 4 of the 5 starters are locked in. Winn and Thomas are the picks for 5th starter. I'm sure they'll share PT. Does anyone out there have any opinions on each them with their strengths and weeknesses?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT