ADVERTISEMENT

Story on Artis from Eugene

Just because the DA didn't have enough evidence to win the case, that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I'll say it again- I don't think it is wise to gamble on somebody who was accused of sexually assaulting a woman. I am tired of Floyd gambling with players.

Wrong again, Bob. It just meant that I was using someone else's words. In this case, that person was you, and you were trying to serve as judge and jury.

Again, you failed the debate team with an "F", rookie. Keep trying for that shot at covering the Baltimore demonstrations on Fox TV.

Wrong again, Bob. It just meant that I was using someone else's words. In this case, that person was you, and you were trying to serve as judge and jury.

Again, you failed the debate team with an "F", rookie. Keep trying for that shot at covering the Baltimore demonstrations on Fox TV.

Oh my gosh! A person on the Internet said I failed. What am I ever going to do with myself?

It was soooooooooooooo nice when I thought chihuahua was gone. The board was new, fresh, and productive. But alas....

Just reading the brief piece, it sounds more like the one guy was the person doing it, while the others were there and didnt stop it.....IF it happened at all. I have no clue about anything here....

My question is this, is he eligible immediately?

MR got a lengthy quote from CTF about how intensely he and his staff looked into not only the specific situation in question, but the overall character of this kid. Considering how Floyd has whiffed on a few high profile kids, pretty sure he was diligent in his assessment of this kid and it was not an impulsive acquisition. I would bet that all those PGs he had come to campus were backup options in case this didn't work out.

It was soooooooooooooo nice when I thought chihuahua was gone. The board was new, fresh, and productive. But alas....

Just reading the brief piece, it sounds more like the one guy was the person doing it, while the others were there and didnt stop it.....IF it happened at all. I have no clue about anything here....

My question is this, is he eligible immediately?
My understanding is that he can practice and play immediately.

I agree that this place was great while Chi and all of his selves was gone. The mods just reinforce his sickness by allowing him to hang around and destroy constructive conversations. I'm disgusted.

Too bad. We have seen how good this forum can be and now it's turned back into caca.

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole story and I don't know why this thread is defecting from its original purpose yet again, but I'm Excited as ever, if he does get to play this year and starts we have our PG Baby!!!

I have a hard time being judge and jury on a person that wasn't even placed under arrest, let alone convicted, as he has been here by a certain someone. That being said, given the circumstances, UTEP is certainly setting itself up for a firestorm of criticism for this transfer. I hope, as has been reported, that coach Floyd and company have done their due diligence and vetted this individual thoroughly. I'm sure he will be given very little leeway in terms of his conduct. It is what it us, and I don't believe any individual should not be given a second chance to prove his worth. Thing is, I don't view this as a second chance as no charges were ever brought against him. As the head coach of Oregon said, the school pretty much had no choice but to release the players given the potential backlash that it was going to receive. Sounds to me like he wold have liked to stick with the kid. I have the feeling that the same people highly questioning this transfer would be the first one's to criticize not signing him were he to end up at another school and star.

Reactions: miner661
I haven't read the whole story and I don't know why this thread is defecting from its original purpose yet again, but I'm Excited as ever, if he does get to play this year and starts we have our PG Baby!!!

Of course it is right to have concerns especially in today's atmosphere and especially by "Chih"ken Little who goes into a coma every time something happens in the program. Eeyore Carlos is just grumpy...always grumpy...just over and over grumpy...

It's obvious the coaching staff was out on a limb with many recruits coming in last minute to try to fulfill a desperate need that Utep has. But you have to have faith that the staff did their due diligence and that they got the okay from Natalicio that this was a good move. The Cowboys did it. They are close to being a very good team and they've taken a couple of chances on risky players.

This is the real world.

The ideal is that you play college ball to get a scholarship and an education. The real motives mostly lie in really talented players trying to get noticed for the next level to make money and the real deal for the university is to bring in winners to make money for the university and get attention on the national scene to get grants and make more money for the university. We're a capitalist society. Nits what we're supposed to be about.

Utep has no proven point guard next year. The young mans situation and options left the coaching staff with an opportunity to get a talented player here. We won't know and no one can ever know until hind sight whether giving someone a second chance was the right thing to do. But we're human. We make mistakes. We learn. We get desperate, we gamble.

To ride on such high ideals to say you don't want an individual here is anyone's right to say. if you don't like where something is going you get off the bandwagon and no longer give your support (or post)....

But this is not a village in Transylvania. This is El Paso 2015 which is desperately trying to move forward from El Paso 1965. Someone cries monster and you don't immediately go grab your pitchfork. You squirm a little at the distaste and hope the gamble pays off.

I'm happy the young man came to play at Utep because Inwant to win and I'm hoping the gamble pays off.

Reactions: miner661
Now how do you guys see the lineup stacking up???

Artis?
Lee Moore?
Earvin morris?
Paul Thomas
Matt Wilms

Bench harris, flaggert, touchet, wynn, Romine,Caldwell, vint. or do you guys see harris starting ?

Harris
Moore
Morris
Thomas
Wilms?

And have artis off the bench? I feel like I am forgetting someone ..... Does that mean stalworth is gone? Or do we still have one spot for him?

Read the article in the El Paso Times today. Says Floyd did extensive research. He is eligible to play this season.

I am excited about him. More than the batch of unrecruited PG's we've been hosting lately.

Now how do you guys see the lineup stacking up???

Artis?
Lee Moore?
Earvin morris?
Paul Thomas
Matt Wilms

Bench harris, flaggert, touchet, wynn, Romine,Caldwell, vint. or do you guys see harris starting ?

Harris
Moore
Morris
Thomas
Wilms?

And have artis off the bench? I feel like I am forgetting someone ..... Does that mean stalworth is gone? Or do we still have one spot for him?

I could see it shaping out this way:

PG - Artis
SG - Harris
SF - Morris
PF - Thomas
C - Willms

Bench:
Moore
Vint
Flaggert
Touchet
Winn
Romine
McSwiggan

I could see Romine redshirting to build up strength. McSwiggan may also be a redshirt option. I like that lineup because it gives UTEP the ability to play fast and run up and down the floor. Moore would be a great scoring option coming off the bench in case one of the first three get into foul trouble.

I think Artis definitely made a mistake with the sexual assault, but I do feel that he has a chance to redeem himself. If he's able to keep himself out of trouble off the court, do well in the classroom, work hard in practice, and perform on the court, he would redeem himself in my eyes.

thats who i forgot, mcswiggan.... i actually think he is going to be a huge help his freshman year.... i knew i was forgetting someone... you dont think harris is too small to play the SG position? what about artis and lee moore and harris coming off the bench to add a backup pg and scoring? i agree i think romine will probably redshirt... i also think wynn is going to be pretty good.... we shall see i guess

El Paso has a rich history of being a place where people come for a second chance in life. Hopefully, he's learned an important lesson.

With the talent on the roster, provided everyone makes it to campus, and is eligible to play, I think it'll take a little time to figure out which line ups gel well together. I don't necessarily see our 5 most individually talented players all starting. Morris was our most consistent scoring threat for a large part of the season and he was just as often a 6th man as he was a starter. I would really like to see some good team ball for a change, rather than individuals out there just going through the motions. With that said, I do think Artis will get the the nod to start the majority of the time.

If you want to know exactly what happened, read the police report - the whole thing. There is a link to it in the article.

After reading his (Artis) comments in today's El Paso Times, I'm feeling better about the transfer. Best of luck to the kid. Maybe, just maybe things are getting there for us.

There are a lot of people that I wouldn't mind having on the court for the Miners, but that I wouldn't really want dating my daughter. With 100% certainty, I can say that is not the criteria I would use to put a basketball team together.

Reactions: develman
I know a couple of members of this forum I would not want anything to do with anyone in my family. For someone that claims he uses logic to post his opinions, Carla sure zings some way out there.

There are a lot of people that I wouldn't mind having on the court for the Miners, but that I wouldn't really want dating my daughter. With 100% certainty, I can say that is not the criteria I would use to put a basketball team together.

Why not? Who would you want your daughter not to date on the current team and why?

So it's okay to use tax payer money for a scholarship but you would mind if he dated your daughter? Guess character only matters if it's your own kid right?

I know a couple of members of this forum I would not want anything to do with anyone in my family. For someone that claims he uses logic to post his opinions, Carla sure zings some way out there.

I don't think any posters on here are scholarship athletes for UTEP and we don't pay to see each other post, like we pay to watch the teams. Great analogy pal!

Why not? Who would you want your daughter not to date on the current team and why?

So it's okay to use tax payer money for a scholarship but you would mind if he dated your daughter? Guess character only matters if it's your own kid right?

It is obvious that you use this forum in attempts of sharpening your debating skills, as it appears to be the only thing you do here. I'm not going to get pulled into something that spins off into a myriad of other tangents that are of little value other than to placate your thirst for argumentation. In other words, I'm not avoiding your questions because I don't have sufficient answers to them, but rather because I've watched how providing answers to them only seems to feed your appetite for endless and ultimately pointless dialogue.

Have you even read fully through the police report? Have you pulled any other articles up aside from the links provided on this and other forums? Have you noticed any inconsistencies in the reports? Just curious. Your mind appears to be made up on the kid. Fine by me. But you might consider dropping your holier-than-thou attitude because it has become fairly apparent that your own character soars about as high as a sparrow flies. Look dude, I've had no problem with you posting your point of view, some of which I have agreed with, most of which I have heartily disagreed with, but your game has become tiresome and boring. I'm all for standing apart from the crowd when there is something worth standing for, but you appear to derive a grandiose sense of self from constantly standing apart from the crowd. From my perspective, and to borrow a phrase, your "wolfpack of one" mentality has all the heart of a programmed robot mechanically uttering the same few phrases over and over.

My understanding is that he can practice and play immediately.

I agree that this place was great while Chi and all of his selves was gone. The mods just reinforce his sickness by allowing him to hang around and destroy constructive conversations. I'm disgusted.

Too bad. We have seen how good this forum can be and now it's turned back into caca.

So I'm sick but the guy who told me to kill myself is ok?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT