ADVERTISEMENT

The last time an Artis played for the Miners...

RTminer

Starter
Feb 5, 2003
...will be 50 years ago and he was also a 6'1" guard, Orsten Artis. Here's hoping for the same result. Also, too bad UTEP and Kentucky can't play the 50th anniversary game. We should start some kind of media push ourselves. Just saw 'Glory Road' on TV and it brought this up in my memory.

If the Miners and UK play next season it will be at Rupp Arena. That's the best you can hope for. You can start any "social media push" you want, but no one outside of UTEP fans wants to see this game.

Kentucky is not going to give up a home game to play UTEP. A game played at a neutral site will only bring up bad press from 50 years ago. If it's played it would likely be telecast on ESPN or SECN which would leave out the racist nature of the 66 game.

I doubt it will happen because Floyd would rather beat up on TAMU-Chorpus Chrisit than go play real teams on the road. Unless they agree to play here.

Well RT....there was Kent Lockhart who played in the 80s....I think he is an artist now....does he count?

Reactions: RTminer
Lockhart has always been one of my all time favorite Miner BB players. He was a bit of a wild man at times but he absolutely left it all out on the court. He was an art major here and taught art in a California high school at one time. Last I heard he was a teacher and coach in Australia.

And an introvert! He has no incentive then be the Road Warrior on a walkabout and not much is out on the net about him...It would be nice to see what he looks like now after all these years. He was crazy though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT