ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP is a 2nd chance School

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Utep gave a lot of players and coaches 2nd chances.

Mike Price
Tim Floyd
Stefan Jackson
Derrick Caracter
Fred Rouse

though rape is a bad offense and a bad thing to do. one of the worst, if not the worst things a human can do to another human being. He paid the price,even if he was quilty or not he lost his scholarship in Oregon. Im okay with UTEP and coach Floyd giving him a 2nd chance.

• Haha
Reactions: MinerFan79
OK now we have the guards but no true big man. Unless Wilms improves, we will have trouble rebounding. Its always one thing or another. Next year we might not have an inside game.

OMG, Artist didn't Rape Anybody and was not accused of Rape even What The Hell People!!! Don't put things like that about a kid if you don't know the story. He wasn't even involved in the incident directly, the other two players were, but it was his apart and she ended up recanting her statement. I have a daughter too and i hope she makes good decisions in college, but it is college, kids drink, kids have sex, kids make mistakes, im not condoning any of these acts, im simply stating facts, we should keep in mind and consider, before labeling a kid who was not Charged! Thats why we have a justice system! Chihuahua and Carlos are dead wrong for the take they had on this kid and should be ashamed! Athletes do bad things and get away with it, others pay, but come back better people, but Damn it people this kid falls under neither of those categories. He was accused of being present during an alleged sexual assault from a drunk college girl and it was found to not in fact be sexual assalt, End Of Story, Lets play Basketball Go Miners, Cant wait to see ya suit up Dominic! Read the Actual story for God Sakes!!!

Last edited:
Carlos are you the Moral Police? I have my beliefs and other people have theirs, but a lot of people have done crazy things that their not proud of while drinking and partying and not just young college kids, it has no bearing on him playing basketball and you'd be surprised what current and former miners have done, but guess what that's not illegal its just reckless college behavior that some pay for more than others, but St Carlos you are no saint and you are not God, So STFU!

Chihuahua and Carlos are dead wrong for the take they had on this kid and should be ashamed!

We were not the only two. I am not sure why we should be ashamed for saying it's a bad decision to let a guy who was accused of sexual assault to play for UTEP. I am not even sure what we got wrong- it's a fact Dominic was accused of sexual assault.

Reactions: develman
OMG, Artist didn't Rape Anybody and was not accused of Rape even What The Hell People!!! Don't put things like that about a kid if you don't know the story. He wasn't even involved in the incident directly, the other two players were, but it was his apart and she ended up recanting her statement. I have a daughter too and i hope she makes good decisions in college, but it is college, kids drink, kids have sex, kids make mistakes, im not condoning any of these acts, im simply stating facts, we should keep in mind and consider, before labeling a kid who was not Charged! Thats why we have a justice system! Chihuahua and Carlos are dead wrong for the take they had on this kid and should be ashamed! Athletes do bad things and get away with it, others pay, but come back better people, but Damn it people this kid falls under neither of those categories. He was accused of being present during an alleged sexual assault from a drunk college girl and it was found to not in fact be sexual assalt, End Of Story, Lets play Basketball Go Miners, Cant wait to see ya suit up Dominic! Read the Actual story for God Sakes!!!

That is simply wrong. He and the other 2 did have sex with that girl, all at the same time. Read the damn report before you spout off. It's really disgusting that sports fans are so interested in having a few more wins that they will bury their damn heads in the sand. She was crying and said "no, don't" numerous times. So the police were unable or unwilling to make their case. He has his second chance but he was directly involved. Fact.

Well according to Steve K on Sports talk that was not the case as far as Artist involvement and again at the end of the day, case was dropped and he was not charged with a Crime, Fact!

Everyone is apparently Judge and Jury on here. Floyd talked to his family, coaches etc... There were obviously errors made, nice to see no one else has made errors in their life. Shamous Winston has allegedly done way worse, he just didn't get dismissed, if he had and Utep picked him up what would everyone say?

What did Stefon Jackson do?

Seriously, as I stated last week in another thread, NBA legend Tim Hardaway was busted for the five finger discount of a house plant at the old former Safeway that was across UTEP back in early days. So his name belongs on that list too! A crime is a crime if we're calling out UTEP alums, staff, et al. with our black and white glasses. Let's be honest, it also was academic fraud, which is a crime in itself, allowing Mark McCall into UTEP, even with UTEP open enrollment policy, but he helped UTEP win big games back in the day! Don Haskins was popped for other stuff that wasn't public, because there was no social media during his tenure and yes...he was protected. So you have to throw him on that list as well.

My point?! Let go of this shit guys....please?! Let's stop bringing it up.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Everyone is apparently Judge and Jury on here. Floyd talked to his family, coaches etc... There were obviously errors made, nice to see no one else has made errors in their life. Shamous Winston has allegedly done way worse, he just didn't get dismissed, if he had and Utep picked him up what would everyone say?

Do you really think his family and coaches are going to say bad things about him?

Everybody has made errors, but not everybody has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman.

Well according to Steve K on Sports talk that was not the case as far as Artist involvement and again at the end of the day, case was dropped and he was not charged with a Crime, Fact!
That is simply wrong. He and the other 2 did have sex with that girl, all at the same time. Read the damn report before you spout off. It's really disgusting that sports fans are so interested in having a few more wins that they will bury their damn heads in the sand. She was crying and said "no, don't" numerous times. So the police were unable or unwilling to make their case. He has his second chance but he was directly involved. Fact.

Exactly. Like I said before, I am really appalled by some of the comments on here making it seem like it was no big deal what he did and even one poster stating mistakes were made by everybody (making it the girl's fault as well).

Who cares? As long as attendance is up, we are in position to win the conference, and the kid doesn't embarrass UTEP, then bring him on!!

I bet Mr. Chihuas is having some a lot of fun with Artist.
He had 3 posts in a row. He must have had a miserable life as a child and was bullied,
so now he is trying to get others for what he went through.
I feel sorry for Chihuas.

Go Miners...l

I bet Mr. Chihuas is having some a lot of fun with Artist.
He had 3 posts in a row. He must have had a miserable life as a child and was bullied,
so now he is trying to get others for what he went through.
I feel sorry for Chihuas.

Go Miners...l

Nope, had and have a great life, but I do know others who were assaulted, bullied, and abused and it was not fun. I am not sure what "fun" you are talking about. Talking about sexual assault is not fun..

Reactions: develman
Having read as much as is out there that I could I find on this story, there is nothing out there that even hints as a cover up, or Oregon trying to sweep anything under the rug, as some have suggested on here. It is very evident that this was a night of bad decisions made by the alleged accused to the alleged victim. This wasn't a case of charges being dropped, it's a case of charges never having been brought. The alleged victim could have stuck to her story if the sex was indeed not consensual. Having said that, I'm sure it was a night she'd sooner like to forget. Nobody won here. By the same token, nobody should lose either. Statements like "just because he wasn't charged doesn't mean he didn't do it" reeks of moral ignorance. Trying to talk common sense into these type of individuals is a futile exercise. Artis is coming, and absolutely deserves the assumption of innocence, if one truly believes in the judicial system of this land. The kid copped to that night in print to the El Paso media, when it would have been perfectly understandable, and indeed the norm here at UTEP, if he didn't. Another point attempted to made here by Chi, no less, is on the subject of those vetted on Artis behalf. Chi states what do you think they would say? As if to imply that no one is going to say anything bad or negative about Artis. So Chi feels free to imply that Artis is not necessarily innocent of a crime, but feels free to imply that those around him would lie to UTEP and let a known criminal off the hook? Apparently Chi feels no one in Oregon, or connected to Artis has any morals. Back in my days in the Mental Health field as a supervisor, I never would give anyone a positive recommendation if I felt that they did not deserve one, just to get rid of them, which is pretty much what Chi is insinuating those that UTEP spoke to have done.

Carlos are you the Moral Police? I have my beliefs and other people have theirs, but a lot of people have done crazy things that their not proud of while drinking and partying and not just young college kids, it has no bearing on him playing basketball and you'd be surprised what current and former miners have done, but guess what that's not illegal its just reckless college behavior that some pay for more than others, but St Carlos you are no saint and you are not God, So STFU!

I am not the "moral police", but I am not happy with the current state of the basketball program. This is just another example of how desperate Floyd is. I don't appreciate my tax dollars going to fund scholarships for players "kicked out" of their former schools.

I am no Saint, but I've never been a part of a gangbang while on a basketball scholarship. I hope Artis works out for the team, but knowing Floyd, this will not end well. If you wouldn't want Artis dating your daughter, then you shouldn't be rooting for him on the court.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
If he was transferring to NMSU, we would hear how horrible it is, and that the guy is a rapist. Because he is transferring to UTEP, all of a sudden it is ok, he didn't do anything wrong. If it happened to one of your sisters or daughters I guess it would be ok because he was never convicted or there was not enough evidence.
I am not going to judge this guy, but most of you are the most hypocritical people I have ever seen. If he wasn't coming here, your opinions of him would be totally different.

Many of you are missing the most important fact....he's good. He was a national top 10 PG and Top 50 overall.

If he were transferring to nmsu? Damn right I'd give them hell! But only because they're the aggies. Any other school, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Believe what you will.

I am not the "moral police", but I am not happy with the current state of the basketball program. This is just another example of how desperate Floyd is. I don't appreciate my tax dollars going to fund scholarships for players "kicked out" of their former schools.

I am no Saint, but I've never been a part of a gangbang while on a basketball scholarship. I hope Artis works out for the team, but knowing Floyd, this will not end well. If you wouldn't want Artis dating your daughter, then you shouldn't be rooting for him on the court.
Carlos, that makes no since whatsoever ever, my daughters dating preferences have Zip to do with being a Miner fan and hoping the players do well to make Utep Successful. I wouldn't want my daughter dating 80% of college athletes, because when young kids have a position of power and girls throw themselves at them they usually welcome them with open Pants! That statement was Ridiculous, one has nothing to do with the other

If he was transferring to NMSU, we would hear how horrible it is, and that the guy is a rapist. Because he is transferring to UTEP, all of a sudden it is ok, he didn't do anything wrong. If it happened to one of your sisters or daughters I guess it would be ok because he was never convicted or there was not enough evidence.
I am not going to judge this guy, but most of you are the most hypocritical people I have ever seen. If he wasn't coming here, your opinions of him would be totally different.

Exactly. I am just appalled by some of the things I have read on here.

I'm curious what you think makes you an authority on this. When you use a word like "shouldn't" you absolutely set yourself up as the self appointed moral police. The statement is absurd by the way. How many kids do you have? Daughters in particular?

Another point attempted to made here by Chi, no less, is on the subject of those vetted on Artis behalf. Chi states what do you think they would say? As if to imply that no one is going to say anything bad or negative about Artis. So Chi feels free to imply that Artis is not necessarily innocent of a crime, but feels free to imply that those around him would lie to UTEP and let a known criminal off the hook? Apparently Chi feels no one in Oregon, or connected to Artis has any morals.

There are many parents and family members who would never say something bad about other family members. This happens in my own family and it happens quite often. You know those types of parents that say "not my child". They could witness their child do something wrong and they would still deny that what they did ever happened. Just recently my aunt knew that my cousin stole money and still stuck up for him. It happens all the time.

Does Stallworth deserve a second chance? Did McKenzie Moore deserve a second chance?

The 3 gamblers broke an ncaa rule. No second chance anywhere, period. Tough, but left it out of any school's choice to give them a second chance. Sure Stallworth deserves a second chance.

I agree. I don't like this one bit. Oregon fishwrap, via the local police, say he was there and part of the criminal activity, however, the victim evidence and other evidence was contradictory and the prosecution had no solid case.

I will be totally honest, if this was NMSUx, I would be breaking out the criminal NMSU player meme's in a heart beat.

Carlos, that makes no since whatsoever ever, my daughters dating preferences have Zip to do with being a Miner fan and hoping the players do well to make Utep Successful. I wouldn't want my daughter dating 80% of college athletes, because when young kids have a position of power and girls throw themselves at them they usually welcome them with open Pants! That statement was Ridiculous, one has nothing to do with the other

We're not talking about 80% of college athletes, I am talking about one in particular UTEP basketball player. Again, who on here would want this guy dating "your daughter"? He is a representative of the University and is getting a scholarship.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I'm curious what you think makes you an authority on this. When you use a word like "shouldn't" you absolutely set yourself up as the self appointed moral police. The statement is absurd by the way. How many kids do you have? Daughters in particular?

Shouldn't is my opinion. You can call me the moral police if you want. My personal life is not up for discussion because I am not an employee of UTEP athletics or a scholarship athlete. I may/may not have kids and I may/may not have daughters. That's none of your business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT