ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP is a 2nd chance School

For those who haven't read or don't want to read here is a recap: Found on CUSA board, and no I do not post there.

As per the police report.....

*girl meets Joseph Young and he invites her to a party
*girl and her friends pre game at another party with some vodka shots
*Artis, Brandon Austin, Damian Dotson meet girl and the 4 go into a restroom
*they tell her to shake her butt and she does for them (her own story)
*the three of them have sex with her
*she agrees to go back to their apt with them
*they have sex with her again until she starts to cry then they all stop and go play video games
*she and Artis sleep in his room
*they have sex once again in the morning before she leaves
*She and Joseph Young meet up later on that day at his apt
*Artis, Austin, and Dotson are also there playing video games
*girl and Young have consensual sex while her accused attackers are in the living room (her statement )
*girl files police report
*detectives record telephone conversations between the 4 to try and incriminate the basketball players
*basketball players agree it was a wrong thing to do but adamantly insist it was all consensual
*police drop charges

http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-736448-post-12031336.html#pid12031336

Yeah sounds like a great guy and someone worthy of a scholarship!

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
For those who haven't read or don't want to read here is a recap: Found on CUSA board, and no I do not post there.

*they have sex with her again until she starts to cry then they all stop and go play video games
*girl and Young have consensual sex while her accused attackers are in the living room (her statement )
*detectives record telephone conversations between the 4 to try and incriminate the basketball players
*basketball players agree it was a wrong thing to do but adamantly insist it was all consensual
*police drop charges

But what you don't get is that most college guys act like that. Geez, give the guy a break. :rolleyes:

Reactions: STCarlosEP
You know what they say about Opinions................ and man we have some big ones in here!. Bottom line is this kid has not been convicted of a crime and like it or not he is on his way to play at UTEP. I don't know him, have never met him and was not there the night of the incident. Last I checked I was not God, Jesus, or the Holy Ghost, so whom and I to judge him. For those of you on your high horse acting all high and mighty, STFU! I'm sure you feel like the morality police sitting behind your computer screen and I'm sure your pointing out your posts to all the Sunday school moms hoping to get a nice pat on the back. Get over it and give the young man the opportunity to turn his life around.

*police drop charges

For someone who did not want to sleep with any of them.......... she sure had a lot of Sex with them.

You know what they say about Opinions................ and man we have some big ones in here!. Bottom line is this kid has not been convicted of a crime and like it or not he is on his way to play at UTEP. I don't know him, have never met him and was not there the night of the incident. Last I checked I was not God, Jesus, or the Holy Ghost, so whom and I to judge him. For those of you on your high horse acting all high and mighty, STFU! I'm sure you feel like the morality police sitting behind your computer screen and I'm sure your pointing out your posts to all the Sunday school moms hoping to get a nice pat on the back. Get over it and give the young man the opportunity to turn his life around.

Yeah man, most of us have participated in trains, gangbangs, sloppy seconds, and taking advantage of drunk girls. Not!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an everyday thing I guess? How many trains have been run on your family members?

Yeah, I don't know. Reading the crap Chi and stupid carlos have written, I still don't see why this dude doesn't deserve a second chance. Sounds like a night of wild young people's sex. She seems to have regretted being with so many guys in one night, so yeah. It seems they ALL had fun that night. So why isn't she kicked out of school? Why isn't anyone attacking her? Because she isn't an athlete on scholarship. And she's a girl.....

Look fools (Chi and Stupidcarlos in ep), ANYONE can be accused of ANYTHING. From the things I read, NO ONE was charged for anything. Hell, Chi could be accused of rape and by the way he replies, he should be in jail and never ever given a job because he was ACCUSED.

From what carlita just posted above, it doesn't sound to me that there was anything legally done wrong. Apparently the cops think the same.

Hey Chi and carlita, instead of asking if we would want our daughter dating him, how about would we want our sons dating a girl that willing had sex with several guys one night.....

Cut the crap already. Our opponents will give him enough grief. He is family now. move on......

I REALLY wish the mods would clean up the board again....this is stupid crap by useless posters

Well the girl isn't getting a scholarship to play basketball that tax payers pay for. Yeah there wasn't anything done legally wrong, doesn't mean what happened was right does it? You own a bar right? Would you hire a guy that admitted to what Artis has done? Do you think your female patrons/staff would be okay with that hire?

So why isn't she kicked out of school? Why isn't anyone attacking her? Because she isn't an athlete on scholarship. And she's a girl.....

Why should she be kicked out of school? I am not sure why you think people should be attacking her. You sound like one of those people who likes to blame the victim. It seems to me you have a very guilty conscience because you are defending somebody who was accused of sexually assaulting a woman. I wouldn't be surprised if you did that to a woman before.

Well the girl isn't getting a scholarship to play basketball that tax payers pay for. Yeah there wasn't anything done legally wrong, doesn't mean what happened was right does it? You own a bar right? Would you hire a guy that admitted to what Artis has done? Do you think your female patrons/staff would be okay with that hire?

Sorry bro, if he hasn't been arrested, then it's honestly none of my business. For the record, you should hear bartender stories....ACK!

El Paso Chihuahua, St. CarlosEP, Develman, where do you see a rape taking place. If it was only one man at a time would this be considered a rape? She obviously agreed to be with them, she was not held against her will (based on what I have read), she then agreed to go back to their apartment (not forced against her will), had sex with them again, she cries, they stop, the next day she has sex with two of them again to include Artis. Besides the fact that they all used bad judgment I am not sure that anyone has a right to judge them. It happened, they admitted it, she admitted it, and in the end there was no crime committed...with the exception of how they were served alcohol in the first place....I'm assuming they were under 21 at the time. I'm sure they all would like to have done things differently but when you mix alcohol and hormones you get these results more often than you think. Stop judging this kid....if he committed a crime you can be sure he would have had his day in court. If every kid was banned for making a bad decision then we would have no one in college or playing sports. This was not rape look it up in the penal code....educate yourself. If this was rape I would agree that this not someone that I would want at UTEP. In fact if he was convicted of rape he would have to register as a sexual offender and there is no way Coach Floyd or any other school would take this chance even if he was the next Michael Jordan. Stick with facts gentlemen.....group sex is not a crime unless someone does not give consent or is too intoxicated to give consent. I don't see anywhere that intoxication was an issue. Yes they drank but was she intoxicated? I don't know. If you were just raped why would you agree to go to their apartment.....think about this logically. What we do know is that she was not intoxicated in the morning when she had (consentual) sex with two of them again. There is a reason they were not charged with a crime. Stop making my school (UTEP) look like they are incompetent. They did their due diligence so give it a rest. Develman you may want to change your picture because someone who is so sensitive about this issue should not have a half naked woman or whatever it is next to your name......it's not consistent with your opinion on this matter.....

Why should she be kicked out of school? I am not sure why you think people should be attacking her. You sound like one of those people who likes to blame the victim. It seems to me you have a very guilty conscience because you are defending somebody who was accused of sexually assaulting a woman. I wouldn't be surprised if you did that to a woman before.

Seriously?????? You MUST be kidding!!!!!!!! I am just tired of people like YOU constantly attacking one side when NEITHER was charged with a crime and BOTH (actually 4) agreed that they participated willingly.

If you assault a woman in anyway, and are found guilty in a court of law, I hope you burn in hell. Just sayin.....none of which is true here...so cut the shit

If every kid was banned for making a bad decision then we would have no one in college or playing sports.

I never made a mistake like that or any mistake that could lead to be getting arrested. My friends were the same way. I guess I was just friends with a different type of people than some of you on here.

Here's a quote from the victim:

"I know a lot of people are angry. I am angry, too. I am angry with the culture that appears to exist in our athletic department that prioritizes winning over safety of our students. I cannot fathom how our basketball coach recruited someone who was in the middle of a suspension for another sexual assault to come to Eugene. I think that students, faculty, and other community members have been asking some very needed questions of our athletic department, and I am not satisfied with the answers they have provided. I think that we all deserve better explanations and real transparency."

So Artis was hanging out with a guy who was investigated at a previous school. I'm sure these guys had nothing but good intentions right? Looks extremely bad on the school, but it doesn't matter to most of you. You would rather stick with this coach and win "20 games" than get a real coach in here who can win. Whatever guys.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...sault-case-writes-letter-to-school-community/

Sorry bro, if he hasn't been arrested, then it's honestly none of my business. For the record, you should hear bartender stories....ACK!

Ok- let me ask you this. Let's say you have a daughter and you heard from somebody reliable that her boyfriend sexually assaulted a woman in the past (but was never arrested). Would you still let him date you daughter? I would think your answer would be no.

Develman you may want to change your picture because someone who is so sensitive about this issue should not have a half naked woman or whatever it is next to your name......it's not consistent with your opinion on this matter.....

What does a picture of a half naked cartoon have to do with rape? Even if it was a picture of a half naked woman, what does that have to do with rape?

Yeah and how many of those stories were followed by "Oh yeah, I got investigated for raping the girl me and boys ran a train on and got kicked out of school because of it"? Zero I bet.

Ok- let me ask you this. Let's say you have a daughter and you heard from somebody reliable that her boyfriend sexually assaulted a woman in the past (but was never arrested). Would you still let him date you daughter? I would think your answer would be no.

Remember, unless Ronstr has quotes from Bob Stull saying it happened, it didn't happen. Somebody reliable (newspaper) is not reliable enough for this man. Just like Ol Timmy never put his name in for other jobs, your reliable somebody is just making it up and trying to hurt the daughters relationship.

Yeah and how many of those stories were followed by "Oh yeah, I got investigated for raping the girl me and boys ran a train on and got kicked out of school because of it"? Zero I bet.

Damn Carlos, your favorite institution of higher learning has really gone to shit. You might want to consider getting outta Dodge. Don't let the door...

Is it possible that Chi/Music/Carlos, etc is a shill to drum up forum hits? After all, things were slow here until they stirred the pot today. There are more posts generated by their BS than about the actual topic.
I often wonder if Chi is on the payroll. Why else is he tolerated?

UTEP is a 2nd chance School.

Is it possible that Chi/Music/Carlos, etc is a shill to drum up forum hits? After all, things were slow here until they stirred the pot today. There are more posts generated by their BS than about the actual topic.
I often wonder if Chi is on the payroll. Why else is he tolerated?

UTEP is a 2nd chance School.

What BS? Just wondering.

Yeah, you caught me, I get 1 penny per post. :rolleyes:

From that police report Carlos and chi, and probably a few others who won't post, tried and convicted Artis. No where on that report did I see the word forced, or non consensual. Also fails to mention she took 4 days to report this to police. Yes, has been know to happen to victims, but does not look good nevertheless. Chi, carlos, if you haven't already, please don't ever make yourselves available for jury duty. El Paso could not find two individuals who lack the ability to remain unbiased until they hear and know all the facts any worse than the both of you. Carlos, its not any of our business if you have a daughter? Than what business of yours is it to ask if we would allow him to date ours? By asking that stupid question, your asking us the very same thing you say its none of our business to ask you. Chi, you get offended because mistabinks offers you an alternative to a question you asked? Yet you have no problem insinuating to Ronstr300 that he probably has sexually assaulted someone. That isn't offensive? How can you deduce that and then insinuate that he has sexually assaulted someone base on a post of his? Really Chi, that is downright insulting to Ronstr300. You two are really a sick piece of work. My suggestion is that both of you boycott anything UTEP if you are that adamant about Artis's guilt. I mean Chi, Ronstr300 goes to the games...why would you want to go cheer a team with a sexual offender and sit with a fan that has probably sexually assaulted someone? Through the years of your many incarnations, just when we've thought you've hit the ceiling...wow.

Reactions: miner661
Chi, you get offended because mistabinks offers you an alternative to a question you asked? Yet you have no problem insinuating to Ronstr300 that he probably has sexually assaulted someone. That isn't offensive? How can you deduce that and then insinuate that he has sexually assaulted someone base on a post of his? Really Chi, that is downright insulting to Ronstr300. You two are really a sick piece of work.

First of all, I wasn't offended. I don't get offended by what immature and childish people write on the Internet. Second of all, I think it's funny you say I have a "sickness", but you were silent when somebody said I should kill myself. But you're right- having an opinion about somebody based on their responses is the same as telling somebody to go kill myself. :rolleyes:

And these are the comments I used to deduce my opinion: "So why isn't she kicked out of school? Why isn't anyone attacking her? Because she isn't an athlete on scholarship. And she's a girl....."

Did you read my sentence after that one? And way to dodge your offensive insinuation on Ronstr300. Like I said, if you feel that strongly about this, I think it would be highly hypocritical of you to continue to support UTEP in any way.

Did you read my sentence after that one? And way to dodge your offensive insinuation on Ronstr300. Like I said, if you feel that strongly about this, I think it would be highly hypocritical of you to continue to support UTEP in any way.

And what a way to dodge my statements. You like to pick and choose. If somebody says to another person to kill themselves, that's ok, but if somebody has an opinion about somebody based on their comments (saying the girl should be attacked on forums and kicked out of school), then that is offensive.

I am not going to let one foolish person disrupt my loyalty to UTEP. If the past has taught us anything, he probably won't even make it to campus in the fall.

If you weren't offended, then why did you respond? You asked whatever should I do and mistabinks offered a solution. I got the joke. You know, you've felt free to joke about others too you know. Things like their line of work and such. I saw what Ronstr300 wrote. I still don't know how you can insinuate that he probably has sexually assaulted someone based on what he wrote. That definitely was insulting to him and very irresponsible of you, IMO. Very early wake up call tomorrow, good night.

From that police report Carlos and chi, and probably a few others who won't post, tried and convicted Artis. No where on that report did I see the word forced, or non consensual. Also fails to mention she took 4 days to report this to police. Yes, has been know to happen to victims, but does not look good nevertheless. Chi, carlos, if you haven't already, please don't ever make yourselves available for jury duty. El Paso could not find two individuals who lack the ability to remain unbiased until they hear and know all the facts any worse than the both of you. Carlos, its not any of our business if you have a daughter? Than what business of yours is it to ask if we would allow him to date ours? By asking that stupid question, your asking us the very same thing you say its none of our business to ask you. Chi, you get offended because mistabinks offers you an alternative to a question you asked? Yet you have no problem insinuating to Ronstr300 that he probably has sexually assaulted someone. That isn't offensive? How can you deduce that and then insinuate that he has sexually assaulted someone base on a post of his? Really Chi, that is downright insulting to Ronstr300. You two are really a sick piece of work. My suggestion is that both of you boycott anything UTEP if you are that adamant about Artis's guilt. I mean Chi, Ronstr300 goes to the games...why would you want to go cheer a team with a sexual offender and sit with a fan that has probably sexually assaulted someone? Through the years of your many incarnations, just when we've thought you've hit the ceiling...wow.

I asked a hypothetical question. I don't have any knowledge of posters kids, nor do I care. That poster specifically asked me about my situation, which I don't want to answer.

Notice how no one has come out and answered the question. I Will assume that No one wants their daughter to date Dominic Artis, even though it's a purely hypothetical question. I guess as long as he helps us win bball games, he can run trains on whomever he wants.

If you weren't offended, then why did you respond? You asked whatever should I do and mistabinks offered a solution. I got the joke. You know, you've felt free to joke about others too you know. Things like their line of work and such. I saw what Ronstr300 wrote. I still don't know how you can insinuate that he probably has sexually assaulted someone based on what he wrote. That definitely was insulting to him and very irresponsible of you, IMO. Very early wake up call tomorrow, good night.

So you're saying unless somebody is offended, they can't respond? Not sure what world you are living in.

Telling somebody to kill themselves is not a joke. I am not sure what is funny about that comment. If you think it's funny, then it really shows what type of person you are. If you think joking about somebody's line of work is the same as telling somebody to go kill themselves, then it even shows even more what type of person you are.

I posted the comments above how I made my opinion. Ronstr300 was blaming the girl and said she should be attacked on forums and should be kicked out of school. Again, that is how I deduced my opinion.

I don't know what to tell you Mr. I think I know it all. I think my 19-20 year old daughter would probably tell me its none of my business who she does what with. Just a guess.
Look, my comment about the girl was because it's always easy to attack the guys. I am not saying the guy is free from blame, but any rational person would think "what role did the girl play in all this?". Easy to attack the male, kick him out, publicly humiliate him, but what happens to the woman "IF" she's just crying wolf? NOTHING. Not a fair playing field. By everything that has been reported, I don't see ANY reason to think EITHER side was guilty of anything except bad decisions during a night of partying.

I'm done with this thread. I wish the non existent mods would take out the trash....

Cinco De Drinko is in effect...I ...AM....OUT!!!!!

Reactions: Cicileslie
I don't know what to tell you Mr. I think I know it all. I think my 19-20 year old daughter would probably tell me its none of my business who she does what with. Just a guess.

Wow! I hope that wouldn't be your daughter's response if you told her that her boyfriend assaulted another woman. I would hope she would dump that loser right away.

So much for me being done with this thread....

Chihuahua, I would be LYING to her if I said he assaulted another woman. He was "accused".....NOTHING says he assaulted anyone. (he would have been arrested)

Yo brotha, dontcha have anything better to do than prove you are right, which you aren't?
It's quite alright to be wrong. I am daily. I don't know this kid. I don't know what happened as I wasn't there. He wasn't charged and is free to play hoops here at UTEP. It is what it is. Nothing you and your other personality types will change it. We have a stud PG. #boom

Move along son, there's nothing here to see....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT