ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Zay take on Minerdigs

Zay says that Mbengue is the 6th highest rated recruit to ever commit to Utep . New Utep insider is wrong.

Vince Hunter
Omega Harris
Filiberto Rivera
Tymond Howard
Jordan Lathon
Chris Washburn
Anthony January
Stefan Jackson
Maurice Thomas

All these players after Haskins were rated higher. There have also been others that have committed but they never showed up. ""cough cough "" I think some us want to forget about those players.

if you were going to write this so confidently, you should've at least done your research. according to 247sports, Babacar Mbengue has a composite rating of 0.8964, which would place him as the 6th highest-rated commit in UTEP history, according to 247sports. They haven't updated their site yet (because they don't care), but that's where it would place him.

Reactions: kickballpro
We’re going off a site that has our head coach listed as Tim Floyd. Yeah seems legit.

The fact that the UTEP page on the 247 site hasn’t been updated has everything to do with the fact that nobody outside of Miner fans gives a shit about UTEP bb anymore, so why bother?

I may not agree with everything this kid says, but I can assure you he could school Fili on current UTEP bb.

The fact that the UTEP page on the 247 site hasn’t been updated has everything to do with the fact that nobody outside of Miner fans gives a shit about UTEP bb anymore, so why bother?

I may not agree with everything this kid says, but I can assure you he could school Fili on current UTEP bb.
That’s true. Imo when someone says it’s the highest recruit in UTEP history it’s gonna take more than an outdate site that doesn’t even have all our current recruits or any before 09.

if you were going to write this so confidently, you should've at least done your research. according to 247sports, Babacar Mbengue has a composite rating of 0.8964, which would place him as the 6th highest-rated commit in UTEP history, according to 247sports. They haven't updated their site yet (because they don't care), but that's where it would place him.
"Mbengue will become the 6th highest-rated recruit in UTEP history, which places him above names like Paul Thomas and Lee Moore. "

This is what you said. Lee Moore?lol Really Lee Moore?? He had like no offers.

That’s true. Imo when someone says it’s the highest recruit in UTEP history it’s gonna take more than an outdate site that doesn’t even have all our current recruits or any before 09.
Yeah, ideally he probably should have said “according to 247, he’s the 6th highest rated recruit ever yada yada yada”. If he’s gonna be a regular poster on here, I’m sure he’ll learn the ropes.

He could say Babacar is the highest center commit since Derreick Caracter. I Bohannon was a 3 star but I dont think he had as many offers.

He has the length and athleticism to impact the game immediately. Not sure why he's redshirting but must be a qualification issue.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Yeah. Kind of sucks that in an era of immediate eligibility, we’re gonna have to wait a year to see if maybe he’s still here by then.
Which is true but if his academics are awful for even utep, then maybe he will stick around longer than a year.

Reactions: JCorona
Zay says that Mbengue is the 6th highest rated recruit to ever commit to Utep . New Utep insider is wrong.

Vince Hunter
Omega Harris
Filiberto Rivera
Tymond Howard
Jordan Lathon
Chris Washburn
Anthony January
Stefan Jackson
Maurice Thomas
Recruiting rankings are meaningless. Look at that list. Tymond Howard? Who even remembers a game he played in? Lathon sucked. January sucked. Maurice Thomas sucked. Omega Harris was average at best.

4 good players on that list, which is why you(everyone) should never pay attention to recruiting rankings.

Recruiting rankings are meaningless. Look at that list. Tymond Howard? Who even remembers a game he played in? Lathon sucked. January sucked. Maurice Thomas sucked. Omega Harris was average at best.

4 good players on that list, which is why you(everyone) should never pay attention to recruiting rankings.
Thats not the point. I was just giving, new Utep insider Jay some constructive criticism. He gave out wrong information on his article. I want Jay to be the best Utep Insider ever.

Thats not the point. I was just giving, new Utep insider Jay some constructive criticism. He gave out wrong information on his article. I want Jay to be the best Utep Insider ever.
Not even sure why I’m explaining anything to you, or seemingly defending this kid. Maybe it’s just the principle of the matter. Or maybe I have a soft spot for a kid that is all in on UTEP from a generation in which nobody gives a shit about the Miners. He actually gave correct info according to the source that he used. He just didn’t credit that particular source when he threw the info out there.

With all that said, I’m with NoWins, aside from identifying high 4* and 5* players, recruiting services are hit or miss on everything else and basically useless.

With all that said, I’m with NoWins, aside from identifying high 4* and 5* players, recruiting services are hit or miss on everything else and basically useless.
The story out there is, that Josh Allen had no FBS offers when he was done in JC and he sent out highlights to all FBs teams and only Wyoming offered him a scholarship. So presumably UTEP passed on him.

Stories like Josh’s are a reminder that #* recruits are pointless. No need to pay attention to them. I don’t care if Dimel signs 28 0* recruits, if they turn out to be good players, that’s all the matters.

People like Foolie will gravitate to the shiny objects, which is no surprise.

The story out there is, that Josh Allen had no FBS offers when he was done in JC and he sent out highlights to all FBs teams and only Wyoming offered him a scholarship. So presumably UTEP passed on him.

Stories like Josh’s are a reminder that #* recruits are pointless. No need to pay attention to them. I don’t care if Dimel signs 28 0* recruits, if they turn out to be good players, that’s all the matters.

People like Foolie will gravitate to the shiny objects, which is no surprise.
Justin Jefferson is another one that everyone missed on. He only got offered by LSU because his coach pulled strings and his two older brothers played there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT