ADVERTISEMENT

Well, he is good, really good...

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
and he was accused of sexual assault at Oregon. Dominic Artis was recruited out of High School by the Miners and was teammate of Matt Wilms. I don't think the mistake he made at Oregon is indicative of his character. He made a mistake and hopefully, he'll make up for it here.

How do you know it is Bob?

Who's Bob? I still don't get the "joke". I never said it is or isn't. You are the person that stated an opinion. I am just curious why you think the sexual assault isn't indicative of his character. I was just wondering if you knew something we don't know. I asked a simple question- I don't understand why you can't answer the question.

If it's a legit question, and not a poor attempt to troll me, I have followed his career since he was a Junior in High School then in prep as he was a highly recruited athlete. He was generally described as a high character guy. There are only accusations now as it pertains to the assault and it wasn't tried due to lack of evidence so I don't think he is a high risk. I only wonder about the negative pr that it might generate for the program.

If it's a legit question, and not a poor attempt to troll me, I have followed his career since he was a Junior in High School then in prep as he was a highly recruited athlete. He was generally described as a high character guy. There are only accusations now as it pertains to the assault and it wasn't tried due to lack of evidence so I don't think he is a high risk. I only wonder about the negative pr that it might generate for the program.

I only ask legit questions. I'm not a troll here. I just don't like Floyd taking chances with people.

and he was accused of sexual assault at Oregon. Dominic Artis was recruited out of High School by the Miners and was teammate of Matt Wilms. I don't think the mistake he made at Oregon is indicative of his character. He made a mistake and hopefully, he'll make up for it here.

He and his teammates ran a train on a girl in a bathroom and wouldn't let her leave...

From a purely basketball standpoint i dont see this as an upgrade. At oregon he averaged 6pts 2ast per game. Add to that he hasnt played competitive basketball in over a year. He was a top 100 player but to this point he hasnt come close to validating it. At this point he's not as good as CJ was. Hopefully something clicks. Thats what so puzzling about this to me you have a high risk low reward situation.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
LinkedIn recently asked a bunch of highly successful executives what they would tell their 22-year-old selves and this is part of the quote from Richard Branson: ""We all change, we all learn, we all grow. To continually punish somebody for the mistakes they made in the past is not just illogical, it is plain wrong." I agree with him.

The older and more experienced I get, the more I'm willing to believe in the possibility of change and growth in Everyone, no matter how misguided they have been in the past.

We have all made mistakes, some of them worse than others, and we have (hopefully) learned from them. Some of us get that most important life lesson earlier than others. I consider them lucky. I am going to assume that D.A. has learned from this and is ready to move on and contribute to the team. I would appreciate it if the judgmental members of this board (you know who you are) would cut the hubris and give the kid a chance.

He and his teammates ran a train on a girl in a bathroom and wouldn't let her leave...

She also by her own admission had consensual sex with Artis the morning after the alleged assault. The police had to call her back and verify that fact after questioning Artis because she omitted that detail from her own police interview. She also had consensual sex with a fourth individual in the presence of her alleged attackers hours after having consensual sex with Artis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT