El Paso to get AAA baseball team!!!

source.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Senter’s gifts to fans:

Higher ticket prices
More D2 teams
Extending an unpopular coach undeservedly

At least we get this. Looking forward to the banners being re-done.

Speaking of banners, I'd like to see the 1992 banner changed from "NCAA Tournament" to "Sweet 16".
Yeah. I would like to see 1 banner for all the NIT appearances. UTEP hasn’t really come close to winning a NIT.

Also 1 banner each for WAC regular season and tournament titles. No need to separate these out. NCAA appearances and CUSA titles need their own separate banners. Consolidate everything else!

"'Glory Road' will be positioned on the top right – a reference to the 2006 film showcasing the story of the 1966 Texas Western NCAA National Championship team. The department worked with Disney to obtain the rights for usage."

SAY WHAT?!? We needed permission from the Mickey Ears Conglomerate to use the phrase "Glory Road"? :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't we? Was "Glory Road" a phrase associated with UTEP at all until they made the movie?

Is it too soon to retire more numbers...Jackson, Stone, Culpepper?
Jackson's number was unofficially retired until Floyd tried some weird honorary thing that died after one season.

I don't think Stone or Culpeppee belong with Richardson, Hardaway or Atchibald but some may disagree. I say put them in the other tier with Wolfram, Davis, Maxey and co.

I haven't been to the DHC in probably 20 years, but that looks exactly like I remember it except for maybe the little stone wall?
Haven’t been there since the MTSU game, but looks like they added the overhang and whatever they’re doing with the red walls

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT