“Ex-Miner” in Netflix’ Las Chance U Basketball

NoNCAAWinsSince1992

MI Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2019
At least he played more games than some of Quitter Floyd’s more heralded recruits.

Supposedly, Deshaun has a tough story. Will try and view this next week.

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
Yeah, his grandmother was sick and he wanted to be closer to her.............😆
I made a little joke about him earlier. I’m watching the series right now. His dad died about the time he was here. His mom died a year later.

Im actually impressed with the kid. We could have used him if for nothing other than his leadership, work ethic and humility. Man, what a stand up kid.

Last edited:

Rocketsr

MI Regular
Sep 8, 2001
I made a little joke about him earlier. I’m watching the series right now. His dad died about the time he was here. His mom died a year later.

Im actually impressed with the kid. We could have used him if for nothing other than his leadership, work ethic and humility. Man, what a stand up kid.
I didn't know that. I am sorry I joked about it. He has truly had it hard, unlike so many others. I also wish the best for him.

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
I didn't know that. I am sorry I joked about it. He has truly had it hard, unlike so many others. I also wish the best for him.
Me either. And I wasn’t trying to make you feel bad. I said something similar. But I watched afterwards and was impressed with his “maturity”.

Reactions: Rocketsr

NoNCAAWinsSince1992

MI Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2019
According to the article I linked:

“Highler walked onto UTEP in 2017 and played in a single game for the Miners that year, scoring 3 points off free-throws. His financial aid was denied the following year, and he moved back home to Riverside, California the in 2018, a year in which his parents passed away.”

I dislike Senter as much as anyone, but I wouldn’t say he refused him a scholarship. Remember he was a Quitter Floyd player, Terry might have told him to take a hike.

He might have left before then. Why did he only play in the NMSU game? He could have played in those blowouts in CUSA play.

FarWestTexas

MI Regular
Nov 20, 2005
Dr Wilson setting up Senter for a cancel culture firing via Netflix! Genius!
Cant wait for Kappy and Tio Louie, to not ask Senter about this. Then, Channel 9 will score the exclusive where Senter says to renew my season tickets!

Latest posts