ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Defense in C-USA

This was a complete game played be Dimel since he's been here, even more than against Fresno and that was a good hard fought game.

Not mentioned within past four days is the game against Air Force in 1988. That was a slobber knocker of a game from beginning to end. Stull's team provided the memorable year in 88 with the 2000 team not far behind.

That 2000 defense was a solid, good defense as was 88 team.
636742873243936753-El-Paso-Times-Wed-Aug-31-1988-.jpg

Reactions: develman
We have the 11th best pass defense in the nation.

Damn, that is pretty good considering they lost Richardson and Prince this season, while having to replace 3 starters from last season. I guess that means that the staff is actually recruiting pretty well.

Damn, that is pretty good considering they lost Richardson and Prince this season, while having to replace 3 starters from last season. I guess that means that the staff is actually recruiting pretty well.
Yeah! The secondary should be mostly intact for 2 more seasons too! If we can get the pass rush going, we could be really dominant on defense for a while.

We have the 11th best pass defense in the nation.

Misleading stat. Lobos only threw for 111 yards and won by 17. They’re 127th in Passing offense. OU only threw for 233 because they were so far ahead, they didn’t have to. UNT threw for 236 with 3 TD passes and won by 18. NMSU is 126th in passing offense.

UTEP played 2 of the bottom 6 passing offenses, so of course, they’re going to have better defensive stats.

Misleading stat. Lobos only threw for 111 yards and won by 17. They’re 127th in Passing offense. OU only threw for 233 because they were so far ahead, they didn’t have to. UNT threw for 236 with 3 TD passes and won by 18. NMSU is 126th in passing offense.

UTEP played 2 of the bottom 6 passing offenses, so of course, they’re going to have better defensive stats.
Our pass defense will be a key against Charlotte, which will provide a significant test. Their QB Reynolds is pretty solid. Our offense is going to need to score some points. Obviously, we can't have a repeat performance defensively like we did against UNT.

Numbers don't mislead. They have no intent, people do. My statement may have been misleading, but the yards per game is what it is regardless of who we played. We're 28th in past defense efficiency. That might be a stat thats more to your liking.

Our pass defense will be a key against Charlotte, which will provide a significant test. Their QB Reynolds is pretty solid. Our offense is going to need to score some points. Obviously, we can't have a repeat performance defensively like we did against UNT.
The weather should be our ally though against the pass. Also UNC Charlotte's rush Defense is awful!

Reactions: Lil_Train
I guess you could make an argument for whether or not the defense is really good but in all of the games (minus Oklahoma) I don’t think the defense has been embarrassed. They kept the scores somewhat respectable and if the offense wasn’t so inept the defense could have looked even better. None of those 4 losses I would ever put on the defense.

No reason the miners shouldn’t win by more than 20 points but i had the same expectations for NMSU (and look how that turned out)

No reason the miners shouldn’t win by more than 20 points but i had the same expectations for NMSU (and look how that turned out)
Not with the weather the way it is! 🌧️ Rain it'll keep the score lower than normal I'm sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT