ADVERTISEMENT

#1 in RPI

How will UTEP fare in the Elite Eight against Oregon?

• Oregon hits a buzzer beater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry, I really wasn't aware of that. I'm new to this board and don't really understand basketball. I thought this was the official seeding process and we would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament next March.

So will the RPI be used to seed the teams for the Conference tournament? Or is there another process? Since we beat New Mexico, we should be higher than them for the WAC Tournament, right?

Thanks for setting me straight.

This is a comical way to start the day. I was reminding my wife how back in the good old days after we had defeated some highly ranked teams; we never got recognized in any kind of rankings. Even in '66 it was well into the season before we started getting noticed. Now here we are after four games and two good; not great wins ranked #1?
Gimme a break. This proves how ridiculous any system is; especially in November to try to identify how good teams are. Explain to me what possible justification there could be for this #1 rank.
Also... what's the reference to Oregon mean?

Sorry, I really wasn't aware of that. I'm new to this board and don't really understand basketball. I thought this was the official seeding process and we would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament next March.

So will the RPI be used to seed the teams for the Conference tournament? Or is there another process? Since we beat New Mexico, we should be higher than them for the WAC Tournament, right?

Thanks for setting me straight.
I love good irony!!

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT