ADVERTISEMENT

#1 vs #3 in the Sun Bowl this Saturday!

By the Grace of God if the SB gets 35k by divine deliverance for the game, that should be a nice vocal crowd to pump the team up.

God bless those David Lee years. Hell, he probably can't even pick El Paso on a map anymore.
28544858737_51b64f37d6_b.jpg

UTEP football has gone from this....
UTEP-TAIL1.jpg

to this....
pillow.01.18.05.jpg

( "A few hundred El Pasoans answered the call from a television production
company to try and break the record for the world's largest pillow
fight Saturday at the Sun Bowl. While waiting in line, some
participants warmed up by pounding each other with pillows.)

UTEP football has gone from this....
UTEP-TAIL1.jpg

to this....
pillow.01.18.05.jpg

( "A few hundred El Pasoans answered the call from a television production
company to try and break the record for the world's largest pillow
fight Saturday at the Sun Bowl. While waiting in line, some
participants warmed up by pounding each other with pillows.)

-Note, this was in 2005 and was an actual event, news article below-
https://ia.utep.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=19954

I would hope that there would be a huge crowd, because this is the only game this season that one of these teams is guaranteed to win. It's the only such opportunity of the season. And it's a rivalry game, at that!

A cool promotion for the next two home games.

A friendly bet going on between mayors.

I like how the marketing department took that design from Gabriel aka Minergibbi and never gave him credit. Gabriel designed that flag in 2004 and in the almost 15 years since the marketing department has never came up with a design anywhere near that good. They should at least give him credit for the design. However, I bet the marketing department is too busy booking two food trucks and a clown for the UNT game.

Last edited:
I like how the marketing department took that design from Gabriel aka Minergibbi and never gave him credit. Gabriel designed that flag in 2004 and in the almost 15 years since the marketing department has never came up with a design anywhere near that. .l LThey should at least give him credit for the design. However, I bet the marketing department is too busy booking two food trucks and a clown for the UNT game.
I agree. They actually told him to not make it/show it again for some copyright/trademark infringement. It was great seeing that hang over the visitors bench (now home bench).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT