ADVERTISEMENT

1st year coaches

NoNCAAWinsSince1992

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 12, 2019
Last year when Golding went 0-2 vs NMSU, he needed his own team.

NMSU’s coach didn’t need a year of prep to beat UTEP. Greg Heiar is a 1st year D1 coach and wasn’t a seasoned D1 coach like Golding.

NMSU’s 1st year football coach led them to 5 wins and a probable bowl appearance. Our coach took 4 years to reach a bowl and win 5 games.

Let’s hear the excuses while we complain about empty games inside the Sun Bowl and DHC.

Yes they did and they used the new team excuse when we beat them here
They are also the more talented team. Utep isn’t there yet from a recruiting standpoint. They should be, but they aren’t. Terry got brought good talent, but couldn’t coach, develop or motivate to save his life. Hopefully if they can overachieve this season and improve on last year it will build momentum for recruiting, along with NIL.

The last 3 nmsu basketball coaches either won the regular season conference or made the NCAA Tournament in their first year.

Sshh dont say that too loud we're not supposed to know that. We're supposed to blindly believe it takes years for that kind of stuff to happen to us.

Last year when Golding went 0-2 vs NMSU, he needed his own team.

NMSU’s coach didn’t need a year of prep to beat UTEP. Greg Heiar is a 1st year D1 coach and wasn’t a seasoned D1 coach like Golding.

NMSU’s 1st year football coach led them to 5 wins and a probable bowl appearance. Our coach took 4 years to reach a bowl and win 5 games.

Let’s hear the excuses while we complain about empty games inside the Sun Bowl and DHC.
It was a shitty loss for sure, but I’m hoping it doesn’t define the rest of our season.

It was a shitty loss for sure, but I’m hoping it doesn’t define the rest of our season.
It probably won’t. However, people are always breaking out excuses for UTEP athletics. Whether it be LED lighting, lightly attended games, the conference, refs, and so on. The point has always been, NMSU has it worse and they’re still able to win.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
And NMSU will go bowling. Took Dimel 4 years. Kill did it in 1.

Jerry Kill is a Big Ten-quality coach who fell into NMSU's lap. I presume he wanted a lower-profile job (lower expectations) due to his previous health issues. There isn't a wealth of Jerry Kills out there for Group of Five schools to choose from. NMSU pretty much won the lottery.

Now... I'm not saying that Dimel is the best UTEP can do.

Jerry Kill is a Big Ten-quality coach who fell into NMSU's lap. I presume he wanted a lower-profile job (lower expectations) due to his previous health issues. There isn't a wealth of Jerry Kills out there for Group of Five schools to choose from. NMSU pretty much won the lottery.

Now... I'm not saying that Dimel is the best UTEP can do.
Word is we could have won the lottery too. Fritz could have fallen in our lap. Instead we went with the good ole buddy system and hired Kugler. Fritz went to GSU for a similar salary that we hired Kugler at. Look where his teams are at and where we and Kugler are at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT