ADVERTISEMENT

2003-2004 UTEP Basketball Reunion

“When an exhibition game is your biggest win of the year you gotta worry” Billy

Perfectly sums up last season.

Reactions: picks up
Great find! Didn’t see anything about this on any UTEP social! Shouldn’t take Corona or a UTEP message board to hear this gem.
I hope Saint BG got the warm and fuzzies...

Reactions: JCorona
“When an exhibition game is your biggest win of the year you gotta worry” Billy

Perfectly sums up last season.
I wouldn't be talking Mr "I will be here as long as you want me" or what ever he said.

I am not happy with Terry's helter skelter team performance but he has my full support because he wants to be here. Thanks for the memories Billy but keep the comments to yourself.

I wouldn't be talking Mr "I will be here as long as you want me" or what ever he said.

I am not happy with Terry's helter skelter team performance but he has my full support because he wants to be here. Thanks for the memories Billy but keep the comments to yourself.
😂 I don’t think you’ve watched the video. He was talking about his own team after beating the Harlem Globetrotters.

Reactions: Prospero915

Let’s not kid ourselves. CRT wants to be here until he doesn’t want to be here. You don’t think he would bolt for a high major given the chance? Please!

Let’s not kid ourselves. CRT wants to be here until he doesn’t want to be here. You don’t think he would bolt for a high major given the chance? Please!

I agree. Very few people would not jump at the chance to make more money at a bigger job. UTEP wanted to keep them they should have opened up the coffers to pay him a competitive wage, and they should have made sure he signed his contract as well because if I remember correctly UTEP did not receive a buyout. Am I correct?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I agree. Very few people would not jump at the chance to make more money at a bigger job. UTEP wanted to keep them they should have opened up the coffers to pay him a competitive wage, and they should have made sure he signed his contract as well because if I remember correctly UTEP did not receive a buyout. Am I correct?

I think you are correct. Wasn’t the contract based on a gentleman’s agreement? Nothing on paper.

Reactions: Lil_Train
That was a great video and I hope they continue this and bring other players from other teams on to talk about their time. It was great hearing insight on the Rutgers game. I found this article where players from Rutgers talked about the 03-04 season. They briefly cover that game but it’s interesting to hear their perspective.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.on...-basketball-big-east-gary-waters-quincy-douby

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this.... I have gone to games since the mid 80’s and have watched some great teams over the years but this one by far has been my favorite.... Fili Rivera is still my favorite point guard I have seen play, he just had that swagger/confidence and new how to lead a team and make the team and players around him better.... I have followed utep since I was five years old and still to this day... actually all of those memories of my dad taking me to games, has me taking my 7 and 3 year old sons to basketball games now hoping they will have the memories to look back on that I do (although we have season tickets to Baylor basketball since we live in Waco, and the fan support here even being ranked number 1 isn’t anywhere close to what it was at utep!) —

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT