ADVERTISEMENT

2015-2016 Preseason Bractology

Even after uab with one of the younger teams made it to the second round? Did they lose some people?

I believe UAB finished the regular season 16-15. They werent a jugernaut by any stretch of the imagination.

I believe UAB finished the regular season 16-15. They werent a jugernaut by any stretch of the imagination.

No, but they showed consistent progress over the course of the season and were playing better than anyone in CUSA at the end. They were young and I would guess that most everyone will be back. ODU, on the other hand, is the epitome of inconsistency.

Just saying catching fire at the end having almost everyone coming back and beating a 3seed would have me put them on the top but that is just me

You can make strong cases for both teams. ODU started out strong in non conference but faded towards the end and had some bas loses. If they didn't have those bad loses to CUSA teams , they probably would have been an at large team. UAB started out slow but finished strong. But I disagree they didn't pick UTEP. That #15 ranked recruiting class should have put UTEP there instead of UAB. Our players look better on paper. Lunardi doesn't know what he is talking about.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
WAC vs. CUSA.....pretty much on the same level.[/QUOTE

Disagree. Not saying CUSA is all that, but aside from nmsu the WAC is pretty weak with Grand Canyon as its runner up. CUSA has 5 teams that are fairly equivalent to the Aggs, and 8-10 teams that would beat the shit out of GCU. If you want to call that even, be my guest.

Disagree. Not saying CUSA is all that, but aside from nmsu the WAC is pretty weak with Grand Canyon as its runner up. CUSA has 5 teams that are fairly equivalent to the Aggs, and 8-10 teams that would beat the shit out of GCU. If you want to call that even, be my guest.

UTEP is playing a WAC team in December. UTEP should win by 30-40 points?

Grand Canyon beat UNM @ UNM, but UNM sucks and never makes it to the Big Dance and we beat the Lobos in the NIT a few years ago, so that win means nothing.

UTEP is playing a WAC team in December. UTEP should win by 30-40 points?

Not sure. I consider 15-20 points to be a significant win sometimes. Why 30-40? Subs start coming in and flow gets somewhat disrupted at times. I'm confident the game won't even be a test if you're referring to the RGV game.

Grand Canyon beat UNM @ UNM, but UNM sucks and never makes it to the Big Dance and we beat the Lobos in the NIT a few years ago, so that win means nothing.

Right on par. Go with the anomaly as opposed to the "norm". I notice you failed to mention any of their losses. Too many to count for a second place team? Looking over their schedule, unm was their only real quality win. We had a few of those, as did most of the other afore mentioned CUSA teams. But just to assure you that I am aware, I realize my assertion that CUSA being better than the WAC is purely subjective. But I think most basketball pundits would agree with said assertion.

Not sure. I consider 15-20 points to be a significant win sometimes. Why 30-40? Subs start coming in and flow gets somewhat disrupted at times. I'm confident the game won't even be a test if you're referring to the RGV game.

Just going by your comment "and 8-10 teams that would beat the shit out of GCU"

UT Rio Grande Valley is worse than Grand Canyon University.

Go with the anomaly as opposed to the "norm".

What does that have to with anything? You said "CUSA has 5 teams that are fairly equivalent to the Aggs, and 8-10 teams that would beat the shit out of GCU." Do you still stand by that statement?. By your comment, UTEP should do the same to UT RIo Grande Valley.

What does that have to with anything? You said "CUSA has 5 teams that are fairly equivalent to the Aggs, and 8-10 teams that would beat the shit out of GCU." Do you still stand by that statement?. By your comment, UTEP should do the same to UT RIo Grande Valley.

I agree with your statement chi, but disagree that domination is necessarily determined by point spread. I've seen teams get the crap kicked out of them and only lose by 8-10 points. Point spread is only one factor that points to how a game goes. As I said in the post above, "beat the shit out of" is largely a subjective description.

I agree with your statement chi, but disagree that domination is necessarily determined by point spread. I've seen teams get the crap kicked out of them and only lose by 8-10 points. Point spread is only one factor that points to how a game goes. As I said in the post above, "beat the shit out of" is largely a subjective description.

I understand, I just think of when somebody said they "beat the shit" out of another team, I imagine the point spread to be around 30.

I understand, I just think of when somebody said they "beat the shit" out of another team, I imagine the point spread to be around 30.

That is fairly rare, tho. Rare because teams start subbing, mixing up the line-up, taking a foot off of the gas, etc. The flow of a game has just as much bearing, and tells as much of the story as final score imo.

That is fairly rare, tho. Rare because teams start subbing, mixing up the line-up, taking a foot off of the gas, etc. The flow of a game has just as much bearing, and tells as much of the story as final score imo.

Not rare at all. There are many games (especially in non-conference) where the point spreads are at least 30.

Not rare at all. There are many games (especially in non-conference) where the point spreads are at least 30.

Since you like to get so specific, what % of NCAA D1 games do you think end in with a 30 point spread? "Many" is also a very subjective term, so please clarify.

Since you like to get so specific, what % of NCAA D1 games do you think end in with a 30 point spread? "Many" is also a very subjective term, so please clarify.

No clue on the percentages. I know during non-conference season, there are many games (I am talking in total) where the point spreads are at least 30. Depending on the week, I would say easily 10. UTEP didn't clobber any team during con-conference play, but did beat Southern Miss by 33 points. NMSU beat Florida A&M by 45 andNorthern New Mexico by 39. I am sure if you looked at Arizona's, Kentucky's, or other top team's schedules you will find many (again I am talking in the total combined) of games where the point spread was at least 30. If I had to take a guess, I would say during the whole season games where the points spreads that were were at least 30 is 75-100.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT