ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NET Rankings

2 bid league this year?
WKU and Marshall both have a future NBA player. Both split their 1st series. Its gonna be virtually impossible to get 2 teams in (especially this year). UTEP has the best OOC win, but the loss at USM nullified that.

Only UTEP and WKU beat power 5 schools on the road this year. I'm not really sure if any other CUSA school even beat a power 5 team at home?

Last edited:
This rating list seems pretty fair and accurate to me. Don't know how it's compiled. Anyone know?
I viewed the Ken Pom ratings this AM and just shook my head in disbelief. Look at how wacky and inaccurate some of these are along with some that are noteworthy.
No.11 Duke at 3-2
No.14 Texas Tech at 8-3
No.24 Indiana at 6-4
No. 28 Arizona at 9-1
No.31 North Carolina at 6-4
No.37 Purdue at 7-5
No.49 Kentucky at 2-6
No.57 Arizona State at 4-3
No. 63 St Mary's at 9-2
No. 101 North Texas at 4-4
No. 109 NMSU at 2-1
No. 141 UNLV at 1-4
No. 158 UTEP at 5-3
No. 200 UTSA at 4-5
No. 225 Rice at 8-2

Some of these are downright ridiculous. Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky absolutely based on their tradition; not their performance. Rice at 8-2 just swept UTSA at 4-5 and look at their rank.

Reactions: axingfools1
Not bad.

NET is what the NCAA came up with to replace RPI and is one of the main tools the NCAA uses to seed teams for the NCAA Tournament.

Margin of victory is no longer a thing after the NCAA changed its formula heading into this unusual season. It's only what it calls team value index (a results-based feature that rewards teams for beating quality opponents, particularly away from home) and adjusted efficiency.

IMO this shows we all overreacted to the loss at USM. WKU is supposed to be the class of the league and we’re on their heels.

IMO this shows we all overreacted to the loss at USM. WKU is supposed to be the class of the league and we’re on their heels.
USM is not even pictured in the tweet (>254 net ranking). It was a BAD loss considering our win at AZ St. and our win by 15 pts the next day and the rankings.

I would say our win probability at the 1:08 mark up 7pts was 99+%. It was a horrible loss and it exposed our biggest weaknesses even worse (interior D, rebounding and end of game management). I just hope that loss doesn't bite us at the end of the year.

It was a bad loss. We could even call it a fluke loss. We were on our way to win and we dominated the second game. From a rankings perspective that’s the only thing that separates us from the top teams in the league. A fluke road loss. We’ll overcome it.

Reactions: picks up
8 schools in the top 150 and 9 in the top 154. CUSA is the toughest its been in 10 years
I don't believe the D3 and NAIA games count towards the ranking (at least that's how the RPI worked). So it's actually better for our computer rankings to play (even lose to!) these D3 and NAIA schools than to BEAT a low-ranked D1 school.

For UTEP, all that counted in the nonconference were road games at St. Mary's and two Pac-12 schools.

REAL TIME RPI RATINGS
Forget all the other systems. This is the "real deal"!
UTEP is ranked #20 with a projected 13-5 record in CUSA. We just don't recognize how good we are and this system knows greatness when it sees it.
I make joke, in case you think I'm serious

Last edited:
The computers are much more forgiving than the fans.

As Feral mentioned, UTEP might have just discovered the combination lock to cheat the system.

Hopefully it’s a model they continue. I wonder what our rating would be if we had finished USM Friday night.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Real Time RPI says that we swept Southern Miss

Like I said, "We just don't know how good we are". We didn't lose the first game at USM. We won both games 77-62.

Reactions: picks up
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT