ADVERTISEMENT

2023 is looking like 2017

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
This was Dimel's fifth year. The year the program was going to make a leap. It didn't. To make it worse we probably played the most manageable schedule in UTEP history. A coach in his fifth year couldn't ask for an easier schedule. There is no excuse for not winning this season. He has to win one more game to match Kugler's five year win total. That fact in itself should get him fired.

Next year the schedule is harder. We start at home with fcs UIW who beat Nevada 41-14 this year. That's no gimmie. At best its a 50/50 game. We then get two power five's on the road @Northwestern and @Arizona. Then we get a very improved UNLV at home. I could see us going 0-4 in non conference. In conference the only two schools I would favor us over are the two transitioning FCS squads SHSU and JSU. Even those could be toss ups. If Dimel can't win this year with this easy schedule he won't win next year. He should be fired but I'm afraid we're going to see a repeat of 2017.

We're already getting our panties in a wad over an FCS game that's 10 months away? And it was 55-41. You're thinking of Sacramento St. and Colorado State. Thank god we're not playing them

Reactions: kickballpro
We're already getting our panties in a wad over an FCS game that's 10 months away? And it was 55-41. You're thinking of Sacramento St. and Colorado State. Thank god we're not playing them
UIW beat up Nevada 55-41 earlier this season.

What happened in 2017?? Was Kugler head coach? Kugler probably the worst head coach in Miners History.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT