ADVERTISEMENT

#4 Oklahoma takes batting practice against UTEP

Dec 22, 2016
Wasn’t our softball team picked #5 or #4 in C-USA. And I get P5 softball teams have Monstar Squads sometimes but 29-0??? and allowing six Jackson’s in the opening frame is.....yikes....our facilities and location are going to waste we shouldn’t be beating OU but 29-0 with an NCAA record for HR’s???

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Wasn’t our softball team picked #5 or #4 in C-USA. And I get P5 softball teams have Monstar Squads sometimes but 29-0??? and allowing six Jackson’s in the opening frame is.....yikes....our facilities and location are going to waste we shouldn’t be beating OU but 29-0 with an NCAA record for HR’s???

Whats the contract status of the softball coach? This is extension worthy in Senter’s book.

UTEP admin aid: Mr Senter, your softball team made history today....

Senter: Get me the budget department ASAP we need to extend that coaching staff...

Aid: well sir what happened was.....
Is Senter just tone-deaf, or is just stubborn with "his" hires, or is he getting outside pressure (from boosters or admin or?) to make these otherwise bizarre contract decisions?

I thought somebody said that Senter's hands were somewhat tied by the previous (Stull) administration with some of these initial hires? If that's true, why?

Jesus, the score is shocking, but two hits for the Miners? Can you get mercy-ruled in softball?

For the youngins, this is what it felt like when LT ran against UTEP.

Reactions: axingfools1
Jesus, the score is shocking, but two hits for the Miners? Can you get mercy-ruled in softball?

For the youngins, this is what it felt like when LT ran against UTEP.
Alex, is this you?

Why don't you join MI staff to provide analysis and coverage?

That was a different game. Bailey was the head coach during the record setting LT game, not Nord.
Yes, the Nord "championship" game in 2000 was when Tomlinson only ran for 305 yards and 3 touchdowns after Coach Nord guaranteed UTEP would bring enough fans to tear down the TCU goalposts after winning the WAC Championship outright.

Maybe one day, @UTEPSoftball will get indoor batting cages like this HoT Field? This is the definition of fundraising that the school needs to get the ball rolling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT