ADVERTISEMENT

4 star forward will be visiting

on a side note for me... I have defended Floyd for a long time and the mess barbee left behind... but as of now the clock starts ticking for me.... Floyd has his classes staggered and we should have depth and very little drop off from year to year....

The past is the past, but Floyd has gone on public record praising Barbee.

Barbee did good while he was here, but he is gone now so f... him for leaving so quickly. CTF is here and has been here for awhile (no one good season and his off) ala Billy-Doc and Barbie.
This year is going to be the year we go back to the big dance, so get on board or go to another message board with whatever team you want to pretend your a fan of.

GO MINERS

Yep F Barbee for leaving to make 3 times more than he made at UTEP. I know you would turn down a job offer doing your same job for 3 times more than you were making.

Living in El Paso and coaching in CUSA is one of the better dream job in America. Barbee was a fool for leaving. He got to experience the Final Four this year on the Kentucky bench. I know he regrets seeing Floyd coach in front of 600 fans in Birmingham vs MTSU.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I don't think Floyd gets fired, but if he does't produce some tournament wins in the next few seasons, he may get retired. But really, who do we get in here to replace him?

I don't think Floyd gets fired, but if he does't produce some tournament wins in the next few seasons, he may get retired. But really, who do we get in here to replace him?

Next few seasons??!!! This is turning into Mike Price 2.0. At least Price took UTEP to 2 straight bowl games.

There was a thread before where a bunch of up and coming assistant coaches were named. There are a bunch of up and coming coaches to choose from.

Reactions: STCarlosEP

That's a dumb argument and the same was said when Mike Price was here. BG, Sadler, and Barbee were mostly unknown by most fans until they started coaching here. Look what they did for us.

Your right who can we replace Floyd with??????? Its going to be very tough finding someone else who can replace a coach who won zero CUSA regular season championships, zero CUSA Tourney Final victories, zero NCAA Tournament appearances, 2 blowout loses in the NIT against mid major schools. The pool of candidates who can achieve that is very small. Lets give Floyd a 5 year extension.

I included the next few seasons because this is supposed to be the best class he has coming in. They will likely be here for the next two to four years. That's Floyd's window of opportunity. If the Miners can't get some NCAA wins in the next few seasons, then we will be repeating all the old arguments ala Mike Price. We are hoping for better.

I don't blame Doc,Barbee, or Billy G for leaving for more money, My point is they aint here so I don't care about them. Like I don't care about how good or bad I Hamiton is doing at UCLA.

And that's just how I feel about someone who doesn't want to be at UTEP.

GO MINERS

I hate to be the one to talk about the original subject but this Jones visit is happening this weekend. Still hoping we get him!

Pretty much a toss up for him. Syracuse makes no sense for him or for them considering their sanctions scholarship wise. Providence has the room while Memphis and UTEP have the need.

Your right, back to the original topic, I hope Jones signs with us and I agree with an earlier post that Caldwell is odd man out, but I like to think that they will help him out some how.

GO MINERS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT