ADVERTISEMENT

6'7" s guard visiting UTEP

OMG! Text book fast break. Text book passing. Can't beat that euroball!

Finally, good news--Floyd is recruiting international players.

It's obvious he isn't doing too well in the states, or with programs like UTEP. Perhaps only with the big name school does his style of recruiting work. I'm glad the staff is thinking outside the box. International is way to go.

Re: Finally, good news--Floyd is recruiting international players.

Lets hope this london weather holds out til the weekend.

Originally posted by jdubb66:
Lets hope this london weather holds out til the weekend.
What are you talking about, Europeans love the sun!! They never get to see it.

And he can come to ep and visit a half full Haskins center since people are boycotting aftrr the last two losses!

Looks like one of those killer guys that play for Gonzaga and Duke that shoot daggers.

This kid appears to be almost an exact Clone of Jake Flaggert. Both are 6'7" 200 pound G/F who can shoot from the outside and appear to have similar styles. I am not saying that this is bad, just that at first glance they appear to be the same type of players.

Originally posted by UTEPDefense:
This kid appears to be almost an exact Clone of Jake Flaggert. Both are 6'7" 200 pound G/F who can shoot from the outside and appear to have similar styles. I am not saying that this is bad, just that at first glance they appear to be the same type of players.
Good observation. I thought the same thing when I watched the vid.

What us yankees fail to notice....

.....is the details. His execution of the fast break with eyes always up and focused, running of the court, squaring up to the basket (shoulder are square with goal). Do we remember a certain in bound play days ago because someone had their head turned away from the ball (a player is supposed to know where the ball is at all times, well, in a perfect world. Why do you think the Bird/McHale and Stockton/Malone days were a thing of beauty?). These are skills that higher level coaches don't have to worry about because it's already ingrained in their head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT