ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts from last night

Ronstr300

MI Hall of Famer
Jan 13, 2004
First, and most importantly, the beer cups are waaaay too flimsy and slippery. I dropped my beer!

Anyway.....

I think I view the games pretty fairly when it comes to the refs, but nights like last night just frustrate me. I know bad calls are made all the time, but the refs last night looked like they were trying to keep UTSA in the game. As bad as the calls were against UTEP, I don't think UTSA even had a free throw in the first half. Is that even possible?

Honestly, it sometimes looks like UTEP gets punished for trying to play defense.

CJ sure has come back around. He does make a bonehead play every once in a while, but I love his play the last few games, and especially last night.

Hooper....say what you want about the big guy, but the more playing time he is getting, the better he looks. He did had a couple put back attempts that I thought he was trying to get the ball to my wife in the stands, but his overall play is good! He is being more aggressive and looks like he has a clue..

I really love it when Morris is confident and active. He is a definite play maker.

Washburn wasn't as prominent last night, but he looks to be leading the team. I get the vibe....

I really wish we had the killer instinct. Put your foot on their throat and be done with it. "These teams are really tough..." yada yada...knock someones head off and scare the crap out of everyone else....

I agree with Hooper, he is getting better. His minutes will continue to be needed down the stretch. You can see it in his emotions. I think he looked "content" with his minutes at the beginning of the year. I wonder if he may be shocked himself of what he can do. He will be needed next year as well. If the Miners can beat La Tech, that would be good! :p

You can definitely see the improvement in Hooper's game...from game to game. That said, he air balled a point blank range lob from Cooper! Somehow, I think that he's getting a bit of razzing from the coaches in the film room though.

Poor dude...

I've noticed the past several games how Vince Hunter reacts to Hooper's play. Vince just doesn't like him at all, He rolls his eyes at Hooper's mistakes and will even chastise him in a very animated fashion to show his displeasure to everybody in the arena. I'm sure most of you noticed it last night when they were lined up for free throws and Cedric Lang checked in for Vince instead of Hooper, which he had just committed the foul. The look on Vince's face was are you crazy, he even raised his arms towards Hooper as if to say, "He's the one that needs to go out, not me!" I winced and couldn't even look at Vince as he made his way to the bench, felt really bad for Hooper. What's ironic is that lately, Vince has been fumbling away the ball more than Hooper has...just hate to see that from teammates.

Bring back the Amen chant!

Where in the stretch run, lets not start conspiracy theories please. I saw that and it appeared Hunters reaction was more about having to go out when Hooper committed the foul, he's a competitor.

Did he not raise his arms towards Hooper as if to say, "you're taking me out instead of him, really." If you're upset at being taken out of the game, usually a player will just pout or raise his hands in the air out of frustration. What Vince did was disrespectful by gesturing towards Hooper, making it obvious to everybody he was pissed about going out and Hooper wasn't. Like I've said before, he's done it before I just never mentioned it because I figured it was a random thing. Now I make it a point to see how he plays with Hooper, just watch how Vince reacts to other players when they F up (nothing) and then watch him when Hooper F's up, almost like he's embarrassed to be on the same team with him...yes that bad. If you have a problem with a fellow teammate's play on the court, you go to him and tell him whatever the hell you want to tell him in his ear or face. You don't go Kobe Bryant on a teammate by motioning towards your bench and then even worse, the fans, "why the F is he playing again!" I was so pissed when he did that, I didn't even watch him go to the bench, I just looked down at the floor and thought to my self that is not good. That will kill a team's unity because other players notice it and will ultimately create negative vibes, either against Vince or Hooper. Just wish I never saw that from him.

Bring back the Amen chant!

I remember seeing that too, but I thought of it differently...if I remember correctly when vince did that hooper had just picked up his fourth foul, and they put Ced lang back in with 4 fouls... To me it was like why are you taking me out he has 4 fouls... But I could be wrong because I did see vince roll the eyes at some of his other mistakes...

You dropped your beer?! Pendejo.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
(I'm kidding)

Re: Poor dude...

Their only way to the dance is to win the tournament. That crud needs to stop asap and work together.

Originally posted by utep2step:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
(I'm kidding)
RIGHT??!?!?!?!! wasting a $9 damn beer! Then my wife wouldn't let me get another since I dropped that one! ughh

Originally posted by Ronstr300:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
(I'm kidding)
RIGHT??!?!?!?!! wasting a $9 damn beer! Then my wife wouldn't let me get another since I dropped that one! ughh
See, your first problem is spilling a $9 beer. Your second problem is letting your wife tell you what you can and cannot do. Let me tell you a little somethi.... Wait, hold on a minute. $hit, gotta go. My wife says I have to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to check out some comforters for the spare bedroom with her.

Beer cup makers should just put a like plastic curved hook to go in between your finger and thumb to avoid spillage.

I'm so glad this thread is headed in a productive manner. Rarely happens on this board.
cool0020.r191677.gif

Isn't that an improvement? Weren't we bitching at the beginning of the year about how he was dong that to anybody who screwed up? Now, it's just one player.

Beer cup makers should just put a like plastic curved hook to go in between your finger and thumb to avoid spillage.

I'm so glad this thread is headed in a productive manner. Rarely happens on this board.
cool0020.r191677.gif
Sometimes we are productive on here....ROFLMAO!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT