ADVERTISEMENT

A&M Set to Fire Jimbo Fisher

TenaciousD

Rookie
Jun 28, 2001
El Paso, TX
Apparently some schools are continuously dedicated to finding a winner and conference championships.

Last UTEP coach to be fired (not resigned/retire) is Gary Nord after the 2003 season (20 years ago), he won 29.2% of his games in 4 years.
In that timespan, UTEP is 86-151 (36.3%), including this year, and UTEP never fired a coach.

Price won 41.4% = lasted 9 years and even was invited back after Kugler bolted, that guy sure could tell a good joke after losing a game! What a great guy!
Kugler 33.3% - horrible hire, Stull's lasting legacy (hiring a former player as a courtesy).

Dimel is 29.9% (20-47), yet there is actual concern among fans there is a chance he will be brought back. If you grant him his first 2 years trying to rebuild, he is only 41.9% winning % (18-25) = which is right on par with Price.
If history is indication of future results, then we should expect 3 1/2 more years of Dimel because he's a proven winner in the same mold as the Mike "Fake Arrest" Price.
At that time midway through the 2027 season he will step down for "personal reasons" and Scottie "Mix it up" O'Hara will be named interim, then permanent HC after the season, after going 2-5 as Interim.

I need to go back and compare coaches TIme of Possession, Most Timeouts used, most 3rd and over 20 yard plays, and removing helmets after a defensive stop - I am positive Dimel leads all-time coaches (need to verify of course)

TAMU and Boise won games last night. Dismel has lost 4 home games in a row and still keeps his job. Avalos went 22-14 at Boise and lost his job. Go 22-14 at UTEP and Senter would give you a 10 year extension.

it Is kind of ridiculous they offered him such a long contract. He really hadnt done anything while there when they extended his contract.

That is a hell of a golden parachute. I wonder if you’ve got that much money guaranteed, how easy is it to switch off. If the fans and boosters are getting mad, how can you not think to yourself, “why fight for my job? I’m guaranteed 7.2 million a year. They can fire me and I am set for life.”

That is a hell of a golden parachute. I wonder if you’ve got that much money guaranteed, how easy is it to switch off. If the fans and boosters are getting mad, how can you not think to yourself, “why fight for my job? I’m guaranteed 7.2 million a year. They can fire me and I am set for life.”

It is more than the golden parachute of the last Disney CEO. Stupid amounts of money.

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Mississippi St also fired their coach after the A&M game.......in his first season. Come one UTEP, get with the program.

Prime can recruit, but Jimbo had great recruiting classes too. Hell some have the 2022 recruiting class as the best recruiting class ever! They need a true coach cause they have everything else: barbershop, helicopter, and more.

Some outlets are saying they’re going to holler at Dan Campbell, playoff Detroit Lions be damned!

Prime can recruit, but Jimbo had great recruiting classes too. Hell some have the 2022 recruiting class as the best recruiting class ever! They need a true coach cause they have everything else: barbershop, helicopter, and more.

Some outlets are saying they’re going to holler at Dan Campbell, playoff Detroit Lions be damned!
He’s got a great thing in Detroit. He looks like he’s built for the NFL, why risk it and worry about running a program?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT