ADVERTISEMENT

ACU vs UTEP Prediction Thread

Dec 22, 2016
Last week was mucho ugly, time to move on and maybe bounce back.

ACU has better skill players than SFA, they have a G5 level QB who can run, and a big (6'4) legit 3-star WR, this might be a little high scoring as this UTEP defense is terrible with basic technique and discipline.

Hankins should wreck, gonna be a close game.

UTEP 30 ACU 24

Reactions: MistaBinks
The scary part of this game is that Texas isn't a very physical team. They pretty much played offense vs air while our defense tried arm tackles and diving. The formula Texas used could be replicated by any team. If the tackling isn't any better the results will be the same.

The o-line cant open holes in the running game. Didn't do it against SFA until we wore them down in the fourth. A handoff to Fields or Awatt is a wasted down. Hankins should get the majority of Carries and Eldridge as a change of pace back. I have no confidence in this pick. I cant pick against UTEP against an FCS school but if the defense isn't drastically improved this could be one of the ugliest most embarrassing losses in UTEP history

ACU 31
UTEP 35

Reactions: Lil_Train
ACU 24
UTEP 34

Still no pass rush. Still terrible coverage by the secondary. Hopefully, we see some new bodies in both spots.

ACU 28
UTEP 27

I can’t pick against my ACU team but I’m not confident in this pick. The Wildcats have some skill players and I like the depth on both sides of the ball, but still we have 62 scholarships and you have 85.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
ACU 28
UTEP 27

I can’t pick against my ACU team but I’m not confident in this pick. The Wildcats have some skill players and I like the depth on both sides of the ball, but still we have 62 scholarships and you have 85.
Yea but half of those scholarships literally went to players no one else recruited.

We only lost one. Imagine if we had lost Hankins or Hardison trying to lose to Texas by 40 instead of 50.

As a side note, Deaver and Morgan at KTSM have become the best local TV media to follow this season in regards to getting new Miner information and tid bits. Only Bloomquist at the EPTimes provides this same type of new info.

KVIA is ironically now the "Home of the Miners", yet I don't recall them ever having these types of updates/insights first.

ESPN600 has a lot of content with their articles, previews, etc. But a lot of their info appears to be piggy backed and they were also one of the last of the local media to actually attend a practice:

UTEP 31 ACU 24

UTEP won the prestigious time of possession trophy vs Texas. They will do that again and also barely win the game vs ACU. The ground game will work well enough and the passing game will shine. The D will not shine but it will hold on for the win.

Reactions: utep2step
UTEP - 24
ACU - 31

Talks about an immediate firing will be intense, but the daunting realization will set in, yet again, that Senter is as complacent as Stull was and that Dimel is here for another couple years.

First game for ACU will be a factor as will several transfers playing first game no way to tell how well these guys perform, could be studs or duds. Already having two games under our belt, including one against a superior opponent will be a factor early in the game.

Is this team really worse than the 2003 team? Remember almost everyone from that team made the top 25 the next season.

Is this team really worse than the 2003 team? Remember almost everyone from that team made the top 25 the next season.

That team beat Sam Houston 59-13. Do you think the Miners are winning by 46 points on Saturday? Do you think Gavin Hardison is better than Jordan Palmer was?

That team beat Sam Houston 59-13. Do you think the Miners are winning by 46 points on Saturday? Do you think Gavin Hardison is better than Jordan Palmer was?
They also lost to Cal Poly 34-13. They don’t have to win by 46 all they have to do is beat ACU.

Reactions: picks up
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT