ADVERTISEMENT

ACU vs UTEP Prediction Thread

On a side note, and not trying to be a d*%k here, whereas I know where you’re coming from, it sounds funny putting powerhouse and South Dakota State in the same sentence. Just sayin.
16 conference titles with the most recent one in 2016...compared to our 2, with one shared in 2000 😏

with the most recent one in 2016...compared to our 2, with one shared in 2000 😏

Can we keep some perspective? Two since 1963, is it?

And I hope you’re not using UTEP as a comparison to make a case for SDSU being a POWERHOUSE.

I get why you’d snicker at the idea of South Dakota State being a power house. But to be fair I qualified that comment by saying FCS powerhouse. To most FBS fans FCS is North Dakota State or maybe James Madison. But there are several schools that are just below them, and one of those schools is South Dakota State.

SDSU is in the Missouri Valley FB Conference, which is the SEC of FCS. South Dakota State is overshadowed by North Dakota State in the same way a number of powerhouse schools in the SEC are eclipsed by Alabama. if you followed FCS football you’d know there are typically as many top 10 or top 25 schools from the MV in the FCS rankings as there are SEC schools in the FBS rankings.

SDSU has been to the FCS playoffs each year since 2012, making it to the semifinals twice and knocking off a P5 school (Kansas) during this time. So I thought FCS powerhouse was appropriate. It I might not use that term if I had a do over post,

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I get why you’d snicker at the idea of South Dakota State being a power house. But to be fair I qualified that comment by saying FCS powerhouse. To most FBS fans FCS is North Dakota State or maybe James Madison. But there are several schools that are just below them, and one of those schools is South Dakota State.

SDSU is in the Missouri Valley FB Conference, which is the SEC of FCS. South Dakota State is overshadowed by North Dakota State in the same way a number of powerhouse schools in the SEC are eclipsed by Alabama. if you followed FCS football you’d know there are typically as many top 10 or top 25 schools from the MV in the FCS rankings as there are SEC schools in the FBS rankings.

SDSU has been to the FCS playoffs each year since 2012, making it to the semifinals twice and knocking off a P5 school (Kansas) during this time. So I thought FCS powerhouse was appropriate. It I might not use that term if I had a do over post,

It wasn’t a knock on you. Not my intention. It’s all good. I come in peace. The correlation just had a funny ring to it.

If I snickered, it was at Miner14’s argument.

Reactions: dr__dawg
So you are saying the game may come down to whose defense sucks the least? Sounds right to me.
Yes. You guys have two solid qb's who are top mid major/P5 team players and from what I've perused, a wr who will give the Miners fits since our secondary is not doing chili red hot. Behind rb's, this was supposed to be a good unit. Bad, bad decisions by them in Austin. SFA had some bad throws and drops otherwise they could have pulled it out.

You all lost your stud pass rusher and don't kid yourself, you will see the difference. If this game was last year, he would have put up NCAA D1 records against UTEP.

Our top two stud rb's are out (one game time decision and one out for year), our secondary look "Eh", our lb's are JUCO'S and still adjusting. Good: O line looking way better in pass protection this year and second, we have a qb with a good arm who looked like a kid on day 1 for kindergarten in Austin so he was trying not to barf on the field from nerves. He is our best hope to win this.

Reactions: dr__dawg
Can we keep some perspective? Two since 1963, is it?

And I hope you’re not using UTEP as a comparison to make a case for SDSU being a POWERHOUSE.
Compared to us they are, if we were in their division. Let’s be honest, if we have trouble beating Cal Poly and NAU.

Compared to us they are, if we were in their division. Let’s be honest, if we have trouble beating Cal Poly and NAU.

That was my point. Can you honestly use UTEP as a comparison to determine who or what a powerhouse is?

Perhaps we have different ideas of what a powerhouse is. A team that bows out after the first or second round of a 5 round playoff year after year doesn’t fit the description in my humble opinion.

My original comment was really tongue in cheek, however I stand by South Dakota State and powerhouse in the same sentence as being a humorous one. Nothing more.

Here's the fact of the matter. Dimel was a safe, but weak hire. He may have one .500 season in 10 years if he is given a chance. He's an offensive cord. for an old school offense. We should've hired a motivated young innovative coach. At least then the games would be exciting and we'd have a chance of making bowls and winning a weak Cusa. Dimel was an acceptance of defeat for the Football program. My guess is, that after renovations to the Sun Bowl and this year being a loss with Covid-19. Next year we'll see a new exciting coach. This year I don't expect more than 2 or 3 wins including tonight. Then we can send Dimel packing and Thank him for waisting our time.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Here's the fact of the matter. Dimel was a safe, but weak hire. He may have one .500 season in 10 years if he is given a chance. He's an offensive cord. for an old school offense. We should've hired a motivated young innovative coach. At least then the games would be exciting and we'd have a chance of making bowls and winning a weak Cusa. Dimel was an acceptance of defeat for the Football program. My guess is, that after renovations to the Sun Bowl and this year being a loss with Covid-19. Next year we'll see a new exciting coach. This year I don't expect more than 2 or 3 wins including tonight. Then we can send Dimel packing and Thank him for waisting our time.

if in fact that happens, here’s a good spot to start looking for an exciting coach. Three or four of these guys have Texas roots.https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-best-young-coaches-30under30-151573416/#151573416_9

Reactions: nattybry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT