ADVERTISEMENT

AFL ceases operations. Files for bankruptcy

Went to games in Phoenix. I really enjoyed them. There is another Arena League in operation.

I remember when they had AFL and AFL2. And even regional leagues. We had the Generals and my friend Elzie Johnson played for them. Pat Norris and Bear Barley, two Irvin grads, played for the Witchita Stealth.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
I think we’ll be hearing the same thing from The XFL sooner rather than later. For a country so football crazed we can’t have anything else other than The NFL and College football.

I remember we had the El Paso Rumble, who were terrible and folded after one season. The QB was a friend of mine who didn't play college football but managed to wind up starting in the IFL.

Reactions: kickballpro
I remember we had the El Paso Rumble, who were terrible and folded after one season. The QB was a friend of mine who didn't play college football but managed to wind up starting in the IFL.

The Generals were good and also folded after one year. The Coyotes just folded after their 3rd year. It’s tough for minor league sports in questionable leagues.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT