ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Harris might miss both UTEP games

They will have a really good backcourt and starting 5 when healthy. I think the concern is how deep they are with contributors. They got 1 JC transfer that may be decent up front. Losing Carl Lewis (likely a non qualifier) to the pros and Harris getting injured is a tough blow. I think we beat them at home for sure.

Jans can coach. Hes the best coach they've had during their run. He will get them to 28 wins and a tourney birth.

Agree 100% on Jans he is a really good coach. About the Aggies their backcourt always gets the pub and kudos, but their whole philosophy team wise begins with rebounding. Despite being undersized they clean the boards like few others. They kill when they dominate the boards (see the UNM game last year a 30 point win) and the key to stopping them is really rebounding. The guards are good but if you allow them second shots and you only get one they are a hard team to beat. I don't know what Jans teaches them but the rebound aspect of their game is phenomenal, despite players etc they hit the boards.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Not overlooking the Aggies, but If we start off 3-0 we should have a really decent crowd for UNM. They are big and deep like our miners. Should be a good matchup. I think they could do really well in in the MWC.

Exactly, playing and beating NMSU and UNM are keys to getting the crowds back and making the DHC a daunting place to play like it once was. Players feed off the energy of the crowd and we could be even better with a full house.

There may be another injury to one of their big men that hasn't been reported yet. If so, the miners need to just take charge of NMSU this year and turn the tide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT