ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Hotchkins still taking shots at UTEP on twitter

UTEPMiners8106

MI Hall of Famer
Jul 15, 2013

I get that he’s disappointed he was let go from his position at the school and that he doesn’t feel welcome as someone who sacrificed his body for the program but at the same time I don’t know if he’s garnering any sympathy insulting the administration.

I get that he’s disappointed he was let go from his position at the school and that he doesn’t feel welcome as someone who sacrificed his body for the program but at the same time I don’t know if he’s garnering any sympathy insulting the administration.
Well at least somebody that was on the inside is saying something. We say it here all the time. Problem is he didn't do it while employed. Most won't. That would have garnered more attention.

Well at least somebody that was on the inside is saying something. We say it here all the time. Problem is he didn't do it while employed. Most won't. That would have garnered more attention.

Well yeah. Who would do it while they're employed?

But at the same time, he’s not saying much in terms of specifics. If he had specific things that were wrong, and brought that stuff to light I could see where that could be constructive. But this doesn’t come across like it’s constructive in any way.

I agree, plus at the same time it makes him look like the bad guy. I don’t know Senter personally but I can’t imagine he’s some sort of vindictive A-hole who is trying to give students a raw deal.

Absolutely. I think AD's across the country were all put in the position of lost revenue and were forced to make difficult decisions.

Just because no one was drafted, doesn't mean UTEP didn't have NFL players this past season. Cowing is an NFL Player as is Praise. Stewart, Moss, and Breon Hayward will all get looks as UDFA. Lots of players that were on the roster last season are going to get looks and there will be at least 2 drafted. Miners still have a young offensive line with only 1 Senior. Their may be a player or 2 in that group that gets a look.

Reactions: Rot
I believe at least two players have been invited to mini camps at the Dolphins and Houston, so there's that. Hotchkins is a bitter man.
Yep to the minicamp, no to the bitterness. Unlike "alleged" fans like NoWins, Hotchkins takes his keyboard warrior skills to put a spot light on UTEP football and this tweet, while incorrect based on the twitter time stamp, in implying if last year's talented laden squad is getting enough pub for whatever reason?

On the other hand, Hotchkins does himself no favors to UTEP FB fans is using slight of hand calling out Dimel and staff at the wrong time. He can be more useful, due to his direct knowledge, of promoting someone like Wadley who can bowl over most linebackers and would make a good NFL blocking back.

I believe at least two players have been invited to mini camps at the Dolphins and Houston, so there's that. Hotchkins is a bitter man.

I agree with past comments about Hotchkins taking shots at UTEP but I read this tweet as supportive of UTEP. He's simply expressing sentiment that UTEP players are being overlooked. At least that's how I read it.

I agree with past comments about Hotchkins taking shots at UTEP but I read this tweet as supportive of UTEP. He's simply expressing sentiment that UTEP players are being overlooked. At least that's how I read it.
Covid left Hotchkins on the outside looking in. He was very bitter about it.

Hotchkins should go into political talk radio or podcast because his slight of hand speaking is pretty good. He is not bitter, but it may appear he is calling out the staff in possibly not getting better pro scout looks for some UTEP players. That is signature Hotchkins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT