ADVERTISEMENT

Am I a crazy homer?

minermx07

MI Regular
Sep 6, 2009
I always feel like the calls go against UTEP, today, the refs were almost criminal with their bad calls. I don't feel this way watching anything else, but I truly feel the refs are biased against us.

Every fan base is going to think the same way... Tonight was just a bad night for the officials. They sucked. Glad the Miners didn't let them change the outcome.

I can relate minermx07. I felt the same way. Although, I did see a couple go against UTSA as well, but they just weren't at crucial moments like the ones that seemed to go against the Miners. I think, like ShyMiner said, it boils down to fan base perception for the most part, though. Most feel like they get the short end of the stick.

your not crazy, the calls definitely favored San Antonio today. Especially Ceds 5th foul and a few other calls.

GO MINERS

Glad this thread started before I startrd. I usually dont complain about the refs, not even for losses, but tonight's crew was horrid. They alone kept the game as close as it was, in my opinion. The worst was Wasburn trapping his man in the corner late in the game, whom proceeded to throw at least three elbows into Wasburn, who then gets called for the foul. They had no clue what travelling was or wasn't. I credit Floyd for not picking up a T. I know he wanted to a few times. Hope we don't see this crew ever again. Embarrassment of a crew.

Tonight the refs were horrible. The 5th foul on Lang was BS as were 2 on hooper. J Wash had one BS foul and like said above they were all at critical times

How about when UTSA "called time out" while trying to get possession? Or the foul against Hooper when he was standing there? (Vince should have been called) CJs "traveling" call in backcourt by himself?

CUSA has the WORST officials....

We got the win....good teams overcome crap....

The refs made some questionable calls against both teams last night as mentioned above. Seems to me that the most egregious ones were against Ced Lang. At least twice last night, he got shoved around badly and got the foul called on him. This has happened in several games this season. The refs are consistantly bad in this.

Would love to see a replay of Ced's 5th foul. Disgusting. Like you said Allminer, salute Floyd for keeping his cool. I'll bet he wanted to fly on to the court. By the way, is anyone concerned about Hunter's level of play lately? All of his numbers are way down and he is not dominating like before. I'm afraid the injury is worse than thought. Another by the way...
We won the game at the free throw line...12 of 16, while they were 5 of 12. All of the other stats were pretty much a wash.

I agree with pretty much all the posters so far. Yes, we are biased and all fans get upset when 50/50 calls go against their team, but I feel like UTEP basketball (not football, not any pro team I follow) gets calls against it. I wonder why. Also, can someone please explain/justify the UTSA "timeout", the no travel with their big man with one minute left, and Washburn's last foul in the corner. Honest question, did UTEP cover the spread? I looked into it, UTEP did not cover the spread, spread was 11.

This post was edited on 2/22 1:07 PM by minermx07

miner1liner posted on 2/22/2015...

Would love to see a replay of Ced's 5th foul. Disgusting. Like you said Allminer, salute Floyd for keeping his cool. I'll bet he wanted to fly on to the court. By the way, is anyone concerned about Hunter's level of play lately? All of his numbers are way down and he is not dominating like before. I'm afraid the injury is worse than thought. Another by the way...
We won the game at the free throw line...12 of 16, while they were 5 of 12. All of the other stats were pretty much a wash.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I also think V Hunter's injury is keeping him from playing at the level he was before he got hurt, but I love his hustle for rebounding the ball. And with the theme about the refs, how about the rebound V Hunter ran down and was getting mugged while getting there first and the ref calls traveling on him. All our section went nuts because we had a good view of it.
Despite Hunter having two sub par Vince Hunter games it's good to see the rest of the team raising their game and playing some really good team ball, especially the three seniors.
Good job to CTF and his staff.

And it's been really nice not to have to read all the haters post in here about CTF for the last 3 weeks.
Hopefully we beat La Tech, because you know it's killing them to stay silent.

GO MINERS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT