ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Morgan and Trevor Vittatoe ESPN+

I heard that when Trevor worked at Sam’s Club after UTEP, he was able to sell DirecTV to a blind man.

Trevor was a f****** warrior at UTEP. He was one of the gutsiest players we ever had at UTEP. He played injured on a bad ankle his ju nior and senior seasons. It was pretty much bone on bone in his ankle there was no cartilage left. He could have had a long career as a backup in the NFL. He got a few looks but that ankle was too far gone. He never complained, never asked to sit. He literally left it all on the field for UTEP. He was the ultimate competitor and put his team and winning in front of self interest. I couldn't be happier for him. I hope this leads to bigger and better opportunities.

When I said that Trevor was a surprise I meant that I expected to see other media people that
Trevor was a f****** warrior at UTEP. He was one of the gutsiest players we ever had at UTEP. He played injured on a bad ankle his ju nior and senior seasons. It was pretty much bone on bone in his ankle there was no cartilage left. He could have had a long career as a backup in the NFL. He got a few looks but that ankle was too far gone. He never complained, never asked to sit. He literally left it all on the field for UTEP. He was the ultimate competitor and put his team and winning in front of self interest. I couldn't be happier for him. I hope this leads to bigger and better opportunities.

I was just surprised they went with an ex-player vs another media guy.

I like this team.

Morgan is active on social media and engages with fans, and has been pretty damn good, Vittatoe is Vittatoe, this should be a solid team. They might be homers at time, but oh well, good job by UTEP and ESPN.

Reactions: picks up
I like this team.

Morgan is active on social media and engages with fans, and has been pretty damn good, Vittatoe is Vittatoe, this should be a solid team. They might be homers at time, but oh well, good job by UTEP and ESPN.
Over a year ago I heard on the radio he came back to El Paso to try to become a high school football coach? Can anyone verify?

Over a year ago I heard on the radio he came back to El Paso to try to become a high school football coach? Can anyone verify?
I did hear that too, but I'm not sure what happened or if it legit fell through.

I'm sure a few staffs around the city wouldn't mind having him around.

Crazy how high school football in El Paso has a huge UTEP football imprint, even the Fabens HC was a former Miner.

Being a former QB and someone who holds numerous passing records at UTEP, I can not imagine why a team wouldn’t want him on their staff. Being a 4 year starter at QB I can’t wait to see what he brings to the telecast, as opposed to Bernie Ricono saying “I tell you what” every play.

Being a former QB and someone who holds numerous passing records at UTEP, I can not imagine why a team wouldn’t want him on their staff. Being a 4 year starter at QB I can’t wait to see what he brings to the telecast, as opposed to Bernie Ricono saying “I tell you what” every play.
LMAO!!!!! Truth...

Reactions: FarWestTexas
What Mr. Vittatoe needs is Teicher's agent. UTEP goes through high's and low's. Administrative changes, coaching changes, etc.. But yet Teicher gets his contract renewed every time.

What Mr. Vittatoe needs is Teicher's agent. UTEP goes through high's and low's. Administrative changes, coaching changes, etc.. But yet Teicher gets his contract renewed every time.

I know some of you guys aren’t too fond of Teich but I really like him. I just think Bernie and Yellen bring absolutely nothing to the radio broadcasts. We need some new blood in there.

Surprisingly 100k is right around the average for a Texas HS HC. I’m not sure if El Paso pays that much non the less a poor school like Fabens.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article171482762.html
Not here, but it's not bad.

"“Our society places a lot of value on Friday night lights and our high school football teams,” said Steven Poole, executive director of the United Educators Association, which advocates for teachers in DFW. “I’m hoping someday society places that high of a value on teachers.”"

Sad, but true.

Reactions: develman
There’s no way that’s close to being accurate.

I work in Fabens. In order to attract a good coach, the district combined the HC job with the athletic director job.

So this is true, and this is why the job actually pays over 100K, its pretty good gig for former Miner Jake Belshe.

Last edited:
Reactions: minerfan_14
I work in Fabens. In order to attract a good coach, the district combined the HC job with the athletic director job.

So this is true, and this is why the job actually pays over 100K, its pretty good gig for former Miner Jake Belshe.
So basically, they are over paying for their coach. Got it.

El Dorado combined the HFC and AC a few years back. No way they paid that much AND that clown got busted for DUI and only got demoted. You KNOW he will be trying to get his job back, which is totally unfair to the new coach.

Decent football coaching gigs in EP are paid decent, not great. Most have to teach though. (I think in EPISD) I've had many friends that were head coaches in EPISD and they loved it and retired there. It's a good gig if you love coaching, don't need a ton of money, and don't need the pressure.

Reactions: KaneFan29

So this is true, and this is why its a great paying job!

I’m sorry, but I don’t believe that for one second. Why would a poor district like Fabens, pay a AD/Coach $100,000? You could get a person for around $60,000 to do it. Why pay so much for a football coach that just coaches farm kids from Mexico? It’s not like Fabens is some powerhouse.

That’s right. Head volleyball coach/asst. AD makes $100,000. I’m from Fabens. I know for a fact it’s true.

LOL. A volleyball coach, from Fabens is making $100,000?? Sure. I bet most lower D1, all D2 and D3 volleyball coaches don’t make $100,000 a year.

LOL. A volleyball coach, from Fabens is making $100,000?? Sure. I bet most lower D1, all D2 and D3 volleyball coaches don’t make $100,000 a year.
We all know he meant to write football coach.

How can you confuse volleyball and football. The keys aren’t even close together. Doesn’t matter, those Faben coaches aren’t making 100k.

How can you confuse volleyball and football. The keys aren’t even close together. Doesn’t matter, those Faben coaches aren’t making 100k.
Football coach/AD makes 106,000
Volleyball/Asst AD makes 100,000. Was just hired.

Where was that printed or said? That’s an incredible waste of funds by a poor school
You think they are going to put that in the paper or announce it? Fabens is in the out skirts so most from El Paso county will ignore it. Also Fabens has upgraded their football and baseball fields recently.

100k for an AD spot is average in Texas....even in the EP area for those of you who don't beleive it. These guys are doing it and coaching.

Reactions: Prospero915
Football coach/AD makes 106,000
Volleyball/Asst AD makes 100,000. Was just hired.

The football coach and AD makes 6k more than the volleyball and assistant AD? How is that justified? You guys are liars and posting fake news.

The football coach and AD makes 6k more than the volleyball and assistant AD? How is that justified? You guys are liars and posting fake news.
File a request under the state’s Public Information Act for their salaries and prove to us that @UTEP79 is lying.

File a request under the state’s Public Information Act for their salaries and prove to us that @UTEP79 is lying.
The position of the Assitant athletic director just started this year and was given to the head volleyball coach. Those two positions make more that the principals at the schools. Within the Fabens community it is know that a lot of money is spent on athletics.

The position of the Assitant athletic director just started this year and was given to the head volleyball coach. Those two positions make more that the principals at the schools. Within the Fabens community it is know that a lot of money is spent on athletics.
I have no reason to believe someone that is not known to pull shit out of their a$s will log into this website and deliberately tell lies. High school athletic directors across Texas are all averaging above 100k. So it’s within reason to believe an El Paso county school can pay in that range if they wish to.

I assume they pour that much money into athletics because they want to be successful. Having winning programs will lead to pride around the town. It can also help the troubled youth with another outlet in life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT