ADVERTISEMENT

Another Hurricane brewing

Mar 7, 2013
Another Hurricane brewing in southern gulf predicted to arrive in Louisiana on Saturday as Miners kick off against LaTech.

I wouldn’t mind this game being canceled. It’s actually part of my pre season prediction.

I wouldn’t mind this game being canceled. It’s actually part of my pre season prediction.
Yes it was, because of COVID. Maybe this hurricane will actually protect some of our players and staff?

What do you think is most likely to happen. We play like the first 27 games of the Dimel era or we play like the last game?

I saw the Miners play a hell of a game against ULM. It was an all around good game. Both sides of the ball. Not just a solid game, but actually good. The good play contributed to ULM not playing well.

Perhaps too early to claim, but I think a little corner has been turned. You never hear me say shit like that in regards to the football team. My money is on we play more like the last game, rather than the previous 27.

I saw the Miners play a hell of a game against ULM. It was an all around good game. Both sides of the ball. Not just a solid game, but actually good. The good play contributed to ULM not playing well.

Perhaps too early to claim, but I think a little corner has been turned. You never hear me say shit like that in regards to the football team. My money is on we play more like the last game, rather than the previous 27.
We all hope you’re right. Why do you think we weren’t able to play the way we did against ULM, versus the two FCS teams?

We all hope you’re right. Why do you think we weren’t able to play the way we did against ULM, versus the two FCS teams?

Not sure but lack of practice is what I’m hoping. Lacking enough reps has the potential to level the playing field in favor of the weaker team. Kind of like bad weather, which is often referred to as the “great equalizer”.

I think we see it in Hardison. His throws, while far superior to any recent qb we’ve had, have gotten more and more accurate over the weeks. That’s just one example but I think things “clicked“. I can’t think of a recent UTEP team where things just clicked.

Again, maybe I’m getting ahead of myself. I don’t think so though. I think it’ll be a competitive game.

Not sure but lack of practice is what I’m hoping. Lacking enough reps has the potential to level the playing field in favor of the weaker team. Kind of like bad weather, which is often referred to as the “great equalizer”.

I think we see it in Hardison. His throws, while far superior to any recent qb we’ve had, have gotten more and more accurate over the weeks. That’s just one example but I think things “clicked“. I can’t think of a recent UTEP team where things just clicked.

Again, maybe I’m getting ahead of myself. I don’t think so though. I think it’ll be a competitive game.
Hope you got it right Coog. I'm not on board yet. If they beat LA Tech or take em down to the wire, I'll be in a better place with some reasonable expectations.

Hope you got it right Coog. I'm not on board yet. If they beat LA Tech or take em down to the wire, I'll be in a better place with some reasonable expectations.

I hope so too. I don’t know. Maybe I’m a fool for believing...or trusting this gut feeling.

Reactions: JCorona

I agree that lack of practice, reps, etc., are a contributing factor to our stuggles against the FCS schools and UT. However, everyone had the same issue.

I hope you're right tho, Mr. Coog. But I'm not sold on this team yet. I don't know that we will win another game this season.

That said, at least we aren't the absolute worst this year. ULM has laid claim to that title.

It will miss Ruston but rainy, soggy football. It's the lightning strikes within a certain proximity that will halt games. This game maybe a 4 hour game.

Do not expect La Tech to come to EP, they would rather get a hot poker in the eye. Maybe DFW or somewhere in North Texas. La Tech may just take the postponed route, too.

An easy solution is to move the game to the independence bowl in Shreveport. In the latest models Shreveport is now outside the cone of uncertainty. I think the game will stay in Ruston. We played them in Shreveport in 2002.

Still early and predictions 3-4 days out are not highly reliable which makes moving the game to a neutral site last min hard to manage. I see a postponement more likely. I don't know about you, but this football season borders on bizarre, what the hell can happen next?

Still early and predictions 3-4 days out are not highly reliable which makes moving the game to a neutral site last min hard to manage. I see a postponement more likely. I don't know about you, but this football season borders on bizarre, what the hell can happen next?
UTEP hosts the CUSA championship game. F*ck it why not, it’s 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT