ADVERTISEMENT

Any Chance against NTU?

Mar 7, 2013
On paper we match up well against NT, size, depth etc. But on the court it appears to be a different story. NT has the ability to shut down an entire team and if we are to have any chance we have got to have a monster game from someone we also have to match their defense intensity as well.

On paper we match up well against NT, size, depth etc. But on the court it appears to be a different story. NT has the ability to shut down an entire team and if we are to have any chance we have got to have a monster game from someone we also have to match their defense intensity as well.
JB needs to step up on offensive and we need to stop Ousmane in the paint to have a shot.

Reactions: minerfan_14
-Boum and Bienemy need to get hot and make it a high scoring affair.

-Tydus and CUSA Refs attend an intervention. TV discovers his inner big man.

-Satterfield can not be quiet this afternoon.

-KK shuts down Bell and blows up for 20+ & 10+ for boards.

-UTEP discovers they can box out and rebound.

-Turnovers have to be low.

-UNT shoots below 40%

-UNT doesn’t rebound well

-McCasland decides to try Chico’s Tacos and extreme bowel movement keeps him in his hotel room.

UNT has captured lightning in a bottle, but are beatable. UNT can’t and will not slouch this game and assume they’re an at large if they don’t make the CUSA Finals. Their NET ranking is good but the NCAA is not favorable to CUSA and their only semi good quality win was against Wichita State who is 14-12.

The "problem" is that UTEP has nothing to play for since the seed and opponent are set. I hope they just want to play spoilers to UNT's away record.

Going to be a tough one though.

They’re beatable. We didn’t play especially well and hung with them most of the game, on the road. With that said, I was impressed with how good they play defense, how scrappy they were and how well coached they are.

They’re playing to keep their NET under 40, though, and as someone mentioned, we are not playing to even better our seeding in the conference tourney. Unless CJG is really looking for that momentum win, I think UNT pulls this one out.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I'm not sure what concert was in town last night but the DHC looked packed. Wish it looks like that today for the basketball game. I'm not expecting it to hit 7k.

I hope a chance to beat the conference champions is enough motivation for the team to come out and break UNT's 16 game winning streak.

We lost the first time to them 58-66 even though we shot 54% from the field, 40% from 3. The difference was in turnovers, 19 us vs 9 them and in free throws. They shot 17-27 from FT, we were 6-6. I mean, we even out-rebounded them 26-21, surprisingly.

Anyway, I think the home crowd boosts us and we get the W in another close game.

We need to rebound better. NT can’t make any baskets but keep getting their own rebounds.

a big crowd can help make a difference, any extra buzz going around in EP? $10 tickets is good...
I'm not sure what concert was in town last night but the DHC looked packed. Wish it looks like that today for the basketball game. I'm not expecting it to hit 7k.

I hope a chance to beat the conference champions is enough motivation for the team to come out and break UNT's 16 game winning streak.
I was there for the Marshall game last Sunday, it's better crowd but not much better.

Refs are calling some bs fouls on the Miners. That foul on Onyema was a bad call. NT will come out aggressively in the second half. We need to take good shots and rebound better in the second half.

Oneyma has come so far in one season.

Feeding the big man is an art. The big man need to keep his fanny on the defender past the high point of the pass from the guard. Your fanny on the defender doesn’t allow the defender to fade back to intercept. That lob pass from Agnew to Oneyma was not Agnew fault. It’s been open all first half as UNT is playing tight man to man with no back side help.

What a first half!!!! Let's go into the Tournament with some confidence!!!

ODU beats MTSU. Different team than the one we beat earlier in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT