ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone think this team has a Big Response?

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
So it appears the general thought is Utep Football is doomed. Bad coaching, sub par QB Play, talented roster waisted etc.. Does anyone believe or think this talented team feels embarrassed from last week and responds in a Big way? Maybe not so much with UTEP over the years, but this has happened in College Football every year with teams who played below expectations especially the 1st game of the season on the road. Just wondering if anyone believes this has a chance to be the case and today Utep wins Big? I'm holding my breath 🫁, and am 50/50 about tonight's game, so we'll see what happens!

Reactions: LTMiner61
Let's just say, I'm hopeful. If we win with a 14 to a 21-point win, I'll know that the team has bounced back...till next week. On the other hand, I'm planning on making the trip to Chicago next weekend, but if the team loses today, there's no way I'm dishing out the time and funds to watch 2 mediocre (or worse) teams.

GO MINERS!

Let's just say, I'm hopeful. If we win with a 14 to a 21-point win, I'll know that the team has bounced back...till next week. On the other hand, I'm planning on making the trip to Chicago next weekend, but if the team loses today, there's no way I'm dishing out the time and funds to watch 2 mediocre (or worse) teams.

GO MINERS!
That's fair.... I didn't make a prediction, cause I just don't know which way this team goes. I'm hopeful a Big response as this came can make or break the rest of the season. Last week is over it was a tough road loss that UTEP should've won, but it was week 0. My tank is half empty with this team, lose tonight and I'm gonna be on the side of the road 🛣️

Dimel said something that caught my attention just prior to JSU; he was not a happy camper about going into “Week Zero” (much less playing to kickoff season) against a conference foe. “Our opponents now have film on us” (whereas UTEP will none).

He is a creature of repetition to the point that it has given dings on a long but good career. He is respected amongst all ranks of American football. But he has not embraced newer offenses. He has not had a good offense since early 2000’s at KSU; however, he has been blessed at UTEP with Hankins, Awatt, now Mike Franklin, a good defense (that puts up a hard days lunch pail work to help his inefficient RPO).

My point in all this? He can make some nice Xmas money to make it to a low tier bowl….low tier contracted bowl, not a CUSA Championship! Which let’s face it, he will not achieve not even a divisional championship.

So Dimel, you can finish your UTEP tenure being stubborn like David Lee running an anemic option (and literally left biatching out the door) and Sean Kugler, blissfully unaware of the scope of things like Gary Nord, respected but crotchety and better at one liners than winning games like Bailey or trying to make lemonade with Cresote in the Chihuahuan desert like Price?

Price was kept on to long but he tried all sorts of angles. He left showing UTEP football can fill the stadium. Kugler, who despised Price, showed how to empty it (even with one of the best rb’s in our backyard).

Let it fly Dimel. Play the freshman. Sit the senior. Let the tight ends have a 75+ yard game. Unloosen the reigns on the play calling. Finally, tell the offense it’s not fair the D has to do all the work. You’re at the end of your career. Lighten up.

But you’re not going too, are you Coach Dimel?

You have no one to blame but you.

Same ‘ol, same ‘ol tonight.

Last edited:
Naw. Last season they were embarrassing at home in front of a sold out crowd. Took them weeks to respond to it.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I hope so but we have to find other talent on offense. Burgess has step up. One of our tight ends has to prove effective and let's stop dropping passes. Lots to sort out this week.

POWERFUL JACKSONVILLE STATE IS PRESENTLY UP 49-3 OVER ETSU.

Rich Rod's contract at JSU started at 500k per year last year. He got a raise a few months ago for his success last season to 800k per year. Dismel is reported to make 1 million this year. Dismel makes more than Rich Rod.

POWERFUL JACKSONVILLE STATE IS PRESENTLY UP 49-3 OVER ETSU.
With the back up QB, that's impressive, cause I don't even think Utep would wax E. Tennessee like that. Maybe Jacksonville St. is better than we give them credit for. Time will tell and tonight will say alot depending how we do.

Reactions: shyminer81
With the back up QB, that's impressive, cause I don't even think Utep would wax E. Tennessee like that. Maybe Jacksonville St. is better than we give them credit for. Time will tell and tonight will say alot depending how we do.
No, they suck.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Rich Rod's contract at JSU started at 500k per year last year. He got a raise a few months ago for his success last season to 800k per year. Dismel is reported to make 1 million this year. Dismel makes more than Rich Rod.
Yeah I keep saying it over and over but there’s tons of examples of G5 and now FCS teams grabbing a good former P5 coach, paying them similar or less to Dimel, and actually have success on the season. Not us. Rather overpay for some never was dude.

We have the worst AD in the country. Even if he did fire Dismel, who would want Senter hiring his replacement?????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT