ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any statues of Confederates on the UTEP campus?

Oñate statue at the airport, the largest bronze, equestrian statue in the world, that can't be named after Oñate and has to be placed at the airport instead of downtown where it belongs.

El Paso couldn't wait to set off its own statue controversies long before it even occurred to the rest of the country, because El Paso loves to find ways to shoot itself in the foot and taint anything that could be considered special or unique.

Reactions: unihorn
Oñate statue at the airport, the largest bronze, equestrian statue in the world, that can't be named after Oñate and has to be placed at the airport instead of downtown where it belongs.

El Paso couldn't wait to set off its own statue controversies long before it even occurred to the rest of the country, because El Paso loves to find ways to shoot itself in the foot and taint anything that could be considered special or unique.

"The Equestrian" -- what a joke.

El Paso arguably had the first Thanksgiving here when Onate crossed the river on his way to Santa Fe, but we can't even call him by name.

Did you hear the USC Trojan Horse is named Traveler. Happened to be Robert E Lee's horses name too. Its becoming a controversy on their campus.

Reactions: unihorn
650x366

Can you tell which side you're on by looking at this photo?

You need to get some hobbies. I guess you dont get sarcasm??? But if a person really did mean that? What would make that person a bigot?

I have many hobbies. I'm not sure what that has to do with me calling you out. You need to learn how to write in complete sentences and spell words correctly if you want to be taken seriously.

I guess you have a different sense of sarcasm, but nothing sarcastic about that comment. And if you want to make a sarcastic comment, learn how to use an emoticon or make a funny, sarcastic comment like the one above yours.

I shouldn't have to explain to you why talking about homosexuals like that makes that person a bigot. If you don't understand, get out of the basement and go ask your Mommy.

I have many hobbies. I'm not sure what that has to do with me calling you out. You need to learn how to write in complete sentences and spell words correctly if you want to be taken seriously.

I guess you have a different sense of sarcasm, but nothing sarcastic about that comment. And if you want to make a sarcastic comment, learn how to use an emoticon or make a funny, sarcastic comment like the one above yours.

I shouldn't have to explain to you why talking about homosexuals like that makes that person a bigot. If you don't understand, get out of the basement and go ask your Mommy.
FrayedWeeklyBlackmamba-max-1mb.gif

You not making sense. Do you even know what bigot means? Thats a very strong word to use. You should get all the facts before you call someone that. Thats not a nice thing to say.

"Paydirt Pete promotes the stereotype of ecological irresponsibility since they are needlessly destroying our fragile ecosystem in search of resources. He also promotes the idea that unsafe working conditions and poor pay is acceptable in South America. There is a child out there who's parent died in a mine collapse and they have to look at our mascot and relive the horrors of losing a loved one..... therefore I find Paydirt Pete offensive."

I have a feeling we will see this argument being made one day.

You not making sense. Do you even know what bigot means? Thats a very strong word to use. You should get all the facts before you call someone that. Thats not a nice thing to say.

Again, learn how to write. Yes, I know what the definition of a bigot is and clearly you don't know what it means.

Actions have consequences and I don't care if your feelings got hurt because you don't think it was a nice thing to say. Next time, read what you write before you post it.

"Paydirt Pete promotes the stereotype of ecological irresponsibility since they are needlessly destroying our fragile ecosystem in search of resources. He also promotes the idea that unsafe working conditions and poor pay is acceptable in South America. There is a child out there who's parent died in a mine collapse and they have to look at our mascot and relive the horrors of losing a loved one..... therefore I find Paydirt Pete offensive."

Ban Paydirt Oete!! ! If there's any statues of him around they must come down NOW!!!

And think of the destruction of Tim Floyd. Take his statues down NOW!!!

Same with Bob Stull. STATUES DOWN!!

And those horrible colored green pieces of paper. Don't tear up the ones, tens, twenties, hundreds. Send them to me and I will take care of them for you

Reactions: sportsfan5000

Plus, he's a white male.

Reactions: sportsfan5000
Again, learn how to write. Yes, I know what the definition of a bigot is and clearly you don't know what it means.

Actions have consequences and I don't care if your feelings got hurt because you don't think it was a nice thing to say

Actions have consequences and I don't care if your feelings got hurt because you don't think it was a nice thing to say. Next time, read what you write before you post it.

. Next time, read what you write before you post it.

What if i wouldve said. " i also blame kanye west and straight people." would that make that person a bigot?

What if i wouldve said. " i also blame kanye west and straight people." would that make that person a bigot?

I'm not even sure how to respond to your silly comments. You seriously need to get out of the basement and get some fresh air. Also, find somebody that can help you learn to write.

I'm not even sure how to respond to your silly comments. You seriously need to get out of the basement and get some fresh air. Also, find somebody that can help you learn to write.

And you should just come out of closet. You must be happy with the new transgender bathroom law . Now you dont have to be confused.

Statues of traitors and losers should have never been erected. Very convenient if most them did go up in the 50s/60s, at the height of the civil rights movement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT