ADVERTISEMENT

ARIZONA-UTEP today

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Game is shown by Pac12 networks. My provider is AT&T uverse and they don't have Pac12, so I guess I'll have to settle for Teicher unless any of you have a solution.
Sure hope we see better results than the St Mary's game. BW and SB need others to step up and Terry needs to show that he can step up as well.

I have Dish which has the PAC 12 network so I can watch and record in case its worth watching again. UTEP sports needs a shot in the arm and a mbb win at Arizona could provide that. A Miner fb win over UNT yesterday would have helped a bit too. Oh well.

Reactions: miner1liner
This one works in my favor for once. Sling Orange with the Sports package has PAC 12 Network.

Our games with AZ and AZ ST may be the only times I ever use it, tho.

Reactions: kickballpro
Looks like a Teicher thing for me.
Any opinions out there about Miners +17?
Are we that bad?

Ok let me get this out of the way early so you all don't have to listen to my crap all day. Otherwise I will try to post positives!

I dont even think we can put up 50 on AZ. Terry will continue to use his NBA offense (with mid-major players) with high pick and role and the other 3 standing around the 3pt line. AZ will just push us out like Saint Mary's did and we will shoot <30% while getting dominated in the paint on the other end. BW will be in foul trouble early, we won't get to the line (despite having really good free throw shooters), we will Jack up 3s and miss, Onyema won't play, Vuk will play as much as Sjolund, Kennedy will go up weak and then keep posting his dunk against Sul Ross on social media and Odigie will throw a hissy fit when things don't go his way. Hess and will decide to transfer. Maybe Vila will be our secret weapon today and Terry will totally respect Miller as a great coach!

AZ 77
UTEP 49

Ok let me get this out of the way early so you all don't have to listen to my crap all day. Otherwise I will try to post positives!

I dont even think we can put up 50 on AZ. Terry will continue to use his NBA offense (with mid-major players) with high pick and role and the other 3 standing around the 3pt line. AZ will just push us out like Saint Mary's did and we will shoot <30% while getting dominated in the paint on the other end. BW will be in foul trouble early, we won't get to the line (despite having really good free throw shooters), we will Jack up 3s and miss, Onyema won't play, Vuk will play as much as Sjolund, Kennedy will go up weak and then keep posting his dunk against Sul Ross on social media and Odigie will throw a hissy fit when things don't go his way. Hess and will decide to transfer. Maybe Vila will be our secret weapon today and Terry will totally respect Miller as a great coach!

AZ 77
UTEP 49

Sounds about right.

AZ 77
UTEP 49
I posted a like, but I guarantee you I don't like it.

Reactions: axingfools1
I just put the game into YouTube and it indicates that they're streaming it. We'll see.

Miners getting some points early, playing Arizona even. The announcers point out that Arizona has played something like 4 games in 8 days, so fatigue might actually be a factor. Whatever the case, let's take advantage!

Reactions: axingfools1
On paper, we have an ok team. I say "ok" because we have solid players in BW, Bouma, and efe. Efe however has been totally wasted since his Soph year.

This team will never do much because we have a significant coaching disadvantage against nearly every team we play. Terry has brought some of the more talented players I've seen in a while, but he has a consistent strategy of making them ride the pine, in favor of players who are... well... just not talented at all.

Couple that with his below avg coaching skills, and you have a team that changes significant amounts of players every year, but still struggles with the same basic fundamentals and cohesive strategy every season...

After a good start, UTEP can't buy a bucket, but Arizona is only a little better. This is an ugly game, which I think works to UTEP's favor.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Hope you can give us some insight Fanatico! I will be watching the gamecast as long as I can bear.

My golf game went on wayyyy longer than expected. Crowded af! Anyway, looks like we’re hanging in there.I’ll he watching 2nd half.

Anybody else watching that can give a mini analysis of what’s gone on so far?

We are so hard to watch. All the time. Underwhelming against lesser teams, soundly outmatched against better teams. Every game, pissed off by halftime... if it even takes that long.

Arizona +11 on the boards in 1H.
And 3 blocked shots for AZ. Otherwise seemed about equal 1st half since they hit all their free throws. Tydus needs to be careful he doesn't get another quick foul since apparently all we have behind him is Odigie. Still no Hess.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Down 4 pts with 3 minutes to go and we can't score. Such a shame. AZ won it in the paint and at the line. Better outcome than I expected though. We just can't get over the hump offensively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT