ADVERTISEMENT

Ark Pine Bluff

Stroud and Odigie are the first reserves to play. Hawkins the third bench player to play

Miners playing poorly to start against an Pine Bluff team missing their leading scorer.

Miners look like a team that has played half as many games in November against Division I competition as everybody else.

Miners look like a team that has played half as many games in November against Division I competition as everybody else.

Actually we don't look like we've played any games against anyone. So far this is easily the worst that we've played to start a game.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I dont understand not using stroud/tarke in a game like this.... they cant possibly be any worse right now...

every team though has games like this.... I remember baylor losing some head scratching games last year

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Here's a review of Pine Bluff's season
Lost to Fla St.by 29
Lost to Gonzaga by 50
Grd Cnyn by 13
Kan St by 11
Pittsburgh by 25
Tulsa by 33

Told my wife at tip off we should win by at least 25.

One thing i have noticed about this Terry coached team is we are solid at the free throw line. I can remember scratching my head so many games with Floyds roster. We are going to be succesful if we keep getting to the line.

Reactions: axingfools1
There is literally no shot that Bryson Williams cannot make. He is as deadly from inside of 6 feet as anyone I've seen at UTEP. Shoots with both hands from any side of the basket.

Steve Yellen is right. Just let Williams touch the ball EVERY possession and good things will happen.

I hope Terry treats this like a loss and berates the team on how bad they played and if they want to accomplish the goals they've set forth at the beginning of the season, they'll have to do a lot better than that. They need some good hard practices, during this long break, til the Sun Bowl Classic. Just Awful Performance!

Outrebounded again if we can't start rebounding, there is little hope to make the tournament.
Billy G's Tourney team was almost always out-rebounded. Part of that, though, was that they forced so many turnovers that the opponent didn't have as many opportunities to shoot, so there weren't as many opportunities for defensive rebounds.

Not a single minute for Tarke, who I thought would be one of our better rebounders this year. Looking like that train has long passed.

The thing is, I don't understand why he and Stroud didn't play. I especially thought that Tarke played really well against East Central. I would love to know why these guys didn't see the court tonight.

Reactions: miner1liner
CRT played Williams, Odigie, Vila, Verhoeven, Archie, Lathon, Hawkins, Edwards, Boum. Except for Williams and Edwards at 37 and 38 minutes, nobody else got more than 23 minutes.

My hope is that CRT knew that this game was winnable even if played poorly and played it like a NFL pre-season game. That being, throw different lineups out there for evaluation. See what works. See who works well with whom. How well/poorly does the offense flow. How well/poorly do we switch on defense.

All of that having been said, we still don't rebound worth a shit. CRT has got to make that a priority.

My head is spinning with so many questions that I need to start writing them down because I can't remember all of them. Two that I can pose tho are:
Was the quality of these recruits so over hyped that our expectations were exaggerated?
The players we rarely see; Tarke and Stroud have each had good results, but it's like " one and done". Why?
On the post game Terry said he has to urge his players to shoot, not pass when they're open. He even said, " Souly" specifically. I hadn't noticed any timidity in his part to shoot it.
?????????????????????????????????????????

I'd say Coach Terry has some work to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT