ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas #21

sweetlou#1

Starter
Jun 27, 2009
Just read in the LA Times regarding accolades given to the razorbacks - stating that the team is going to pound away with their running game. The razors will run on 1st down - third down because of their massive front line. Their claim is that 10 offensive lineman average 319 lbs. Is UTEP as large or close to their size? Any football gurus out there that can calculate an average weight for the Miners?

Kugler will be bringing in a mammoth line as well and an experienced d line as well. However, Arkansas finished strong last year and their experience will separate them from UTEP by the 4th quarter. Kugler will have them fired up I know for sure, I just hope they leave with no injuries and ready to go against a very beatable Tech team. That Tech game is a trap game for both teams. If Tech wins, it will be considered a "well, they better not lose to a mid major". If UTEP wins, it will be considered "Tech has been reeling for over a year and have no run defense" so UTEP was expected to win.

But one game at a time....

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Just read in the LA Times regarding accolades given to the razorbacks - stating that the team is going to pound away with their running game. The razors will run on 1st down - third down because of their massive front line. Their claim is that 10 offensive lineman average 319 lbs. Is UTEP as large or close to their size? Any football gurus out there that can calculate an average weight for the Miners?
The more poignant question would how does our D line stack up with their O line and vice versa . Doesn't matter how big our O line is if our D line is getting run over . Just guessing but I bet on paper their D line stacks up better than ours does against their O line. If we win this game, it will be because we want it more than they do, because as far as talent they out class us. Games aren't played on paper, and we enter the game tied 0-0 so here's hoping we pull one hell of a surprising win. Alas , that is what us Miner fans have to rely on for big wins , miner miracles.

With all the pounding going on, hope no one gets pregnant. Hope we pound them good!

Kugler will be bringing in a mammoth line as well and an experienced d line as well. However, Arkansas finished strong last year and their experience will separate them from UTEP by the 4th quarter. Kugler will have them fired up I know for sure, I just hope they leave with no injuries and ready to go against a very beatable Tech team. That Tech game is a trap game for both teams. If Tech wins, it will be considered a "well, they better not lose to a mid major". If UTEP wins, it will be considered "Tech has been reeling for over a year and have no run defense" so UTEP was expected to win.

But one game at a time....

Yup and that puts Kliff closer to the firing line. I'm not saying he gets canned after, but losing to UTEP will put alums in a firing mood and since they're already squinting their eyes at him, a sub .500 season and it doesn't end well for him..

Actually, Arkansas is #19:

CMtdD40WoAE6XYB.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT