ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance for UTEP (0-3) vs nmsu (0-4)... what's your estimate

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
I looked at the UTEP Ticketmaster map today and I see that there are already more tickets sold than for the opener. With 6 days to sell tickets, I will guess that 25k will be the total.

I would hope for 25k because that would be a really, really good crowd given the circumstances.

Whatever it is your smoking, "puff, puff give?!"

giphy.gif

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
No drugs here. Miner and Aggie fans are gonna turn out this Saturday. I looked at Ticketmaster and can see all the sold seats. A good walk crowd will be there too. I believe that 40,000 will show up. Who are you to tell me that I’m wrong.

No drugs here. Miner and Aggie fans are gonna turn out this Saturday. I looked at Ticketmaster and can see all the sold seats. A good walk crowd will be there too. I believe that 40,000 will show up. Who are you to tell me that I’m wrong.

I know you love blue, but the blue dots are the seats unsold.

Guess you don’t want a second date!
JUST KIDDING
I'm worried my reactions to the crap product we witness Saturday evening would make her re-think the second date and we're done......OR.....(BIG IF) she feels bad, gives it up, and we mutually part ways. That's a W for me in a sense....

Reactions: Dmanminer
20k. How bout getting Khaild to perform a couple songs at halftime and boom, you double the attendance right there. I think the marching bands can make room for him.

20k. How bout getting Khaild to perform a couple songs at halftime and boom, you double the attendance right there. I think the marching bands can make room for him.

The Sun Bowl can't even get Khalid to perform, what makes you think he's gonna do a show at the halftime of UTEP and LaTech????

Reactions: Prospero915
According to weather.com, the game day forecast for Saturday should be around 87° and Sunny. All the bad weather should be gone by Thursday, so... 21,465.

2step, name is 2step.

1) I was kidding 2) Historical facts be damned I guess? 3) Welcome to digs. As hosts say on talk radio of any format, give it two weeks to get the gist of the culture.

Now, I really hope you are right. I would love to see 40k for this rivalry. Now, please spare the "who are you" bs, please.

Hey, wild speculation about Bigwood's forthcoming date -- totally OT -- is interesting as anything else written here recently. Bring it on, Wood.

2step, name is 2step.

1) I was kidding 2) Historical facts be damned I guess? 3) Welcome to digs. As hosts say on talk radio of any format, give it two weeks to get the gist of the culture.

Now, I really hope you are right. I would love to see 40k for this rivalry. Now, please spare the "who are you" bs, please.
Yes, 2Step, just who are you, exactly? I mean what is written on your burf certificate? Do you have the soul badge required to post here?

For what it's worth, highest attendance for rivalry was September 25, 1999 52,247 packed the Sun Bowl. Aggies were coming off a major upset of Arizona State and UTEP was led by a dominant Trey "Mosh Pit" Merkens at linebacker. He wasn't the best LB UTEP ever had, but he had a major high motor and led a solid defense. Paul Smith was UTEP "Aaron Jones" at that time and Lee Mays was flying in mid air for catches. Coach Samuels had NMSU's option/bone offense clicking on all cylinders.

For what it's worth, highest attendance for rivalry was September 25, 1999 52,247 packed the Sun Bowl. Aggies were coming off a major upset of Arizona State and UTEP was led by a dominant Trey "Mosh Pit" Merkens at linebacker. He wasn't the best LB UTEP ever had, but he had a major high motor and led a solid defense. Paul Smith was UTEP "Aaron Jones" at that time and Lee Mays was flying in mid air for catches. Coach Samuels had NMSU's option/bone offense clicking on all cylinders.

That was the last time the NMSU game was our highest attended game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT