ADVERTISEMENT

ATTENTION JIM SENTER "Mission Impossible"

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
You have agreed to accept the impossible assignment of finding a legitimate new basketball coach. I hope you already have short list of candidates. The once mighty Titanic has sunk to bottom of the sea and is completely dead.
Have you seen any of our performances? I use the term "performance" loosely. Take the last episode as a for instance. Based on the "Coaches Decision" the five starters we're a combined 11 for 28 for 39%, shot four free throws and scored 25 points playing a total of 117 minutes. The five off the bench were 14 of 27 for 52%, shot seven free throws and scored 37 points in only 83 minutes. Trey Wade finally got to play a whopping 11 minutes and had six rebounds which was second only to Matt Willms eight. Isaiah Osborne never saw the floor and he had previously been proclaimed to be one of our premier defenders.
There seems to be a continuous set of mysterious happenings with this coaching staff. Why does Omega play 33 minutes when he contributes 2-11, 0-5, 6 points and five fouls? Why does Frazier sit on the bench and not start when he is clearly the biggest scorer we have? Take his 4-7 threes and that leaves 2-10 for the rest of the team. Why not put your best defender on their biggest scoring threat to try to prevent him from going 9-13, 3-5 and 8-10 plus six rebounds? How do we manage to foul him with only seconds remaining during an inbounds play putting him on the line to pretty much seal the outcome?
In a tight game with the outcome still in doubt, how does a coach manage to get two T's causing four free throws plus possession?.
Mr. Senter...I don't envy your challenge, but give you all the blessings for good fortune in trying to mold a future for this beleaguered tragedy.

Not at all impossible. We have attractive assets, and all the new coach has to do is be competitive in CUSA.

Bad night for Omega and Frazier. UTEP has no other potent scoring weapons. Second, the rebounding needs extreme drastic improvement. UTEP is dead last in the conference in rebounding.

Bad night for Omega and Frazier. UTEP has no other potent scoring weapons. Second, the rebounding needs extreme drastic improvement. UTEP is dead last in the conference in rebounding.
I agree they need to do better but they rebounded better last night, just couldn't score. They won't be dead last in conference IMO when Willms, Thomas, Smith, Wade and Frazier are all playing.

Fix one thing and another breaks down though. UTEPs motto under the CTF regime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT