ADVERTISEMENT

Ball State Discussion Thread

Autograph Boy

MI Hall of Famer
Nov 10, 2019
Ball State is favorite by 1.5. If you are in El Paso, the game will start between 11:30 and Midnight on ESPNU (Spectrum 370).

I have no clue about this game. I think UTEP can win by 15 or lose by 15.

Do or Die game for the Miners, lose tonight and we look unable to stack up against credible teams the level of which we will see in CUSA. Troubled by the fact that we don't appear to improving and a failure to have a supporting cast for williams, boum, and edwards. Lathom's jumpshot is MIA, as is Odigie's rebounding, Hawkins ball handling and Vila (pick one). Agreed Williams is super talented but if we are going anywhere with this team, we must be more that a one player four spectators type of team.

We had toughest draw playing Hawaii tram at home in a year that they might win 20 plus games and challenge uc Irvine for the big west bid. Ball St won't be a slouch, but I like us to win the next two games against the two B schools.

We had toughest draw playing Hawaii tram at home in a year that they might win 20 plus games and challenge uc Irvine for the big west bid. Ball St won't be a slouch, but I like us to win the next two games against the two B schools.

No, it would have been tougher playing Washington in the first game.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

Trollish lies. It’s obviously tougher playing a Big West team at home than playing a Top 25 PAC 12 team. CattyCry is correct and always has the best opinions! He correctly predicted that Paul Thomas was the UTEP version of KD and that Isiah Osbourne and Kaosi Whatever were the best Canadian players in D1!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Trollish lies. It’s obviously tougher playing a Big West team at home than playing a Top 25 PAC 12 team. CattyCry is correct and always has the best opinions! He correctly predicted that Paul Thomas was the UTEP version of KD and that Isiah Osbourne and Kaosi Whatever were the best Canadian players in D1!

Well he did say he was a well known comedian, so he definitely live in a fantasy world.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Not staying up that late. Go get ‘em Bryson!
I've got to it recorded. Bad enough to punish myself during prime time; but not in the middle of the night. I'll check the score tomorrow AM and then decide to watch or not.
Based on last night plus Houston hard to believe the boys can recreate a winning formula.

Well, if we have 24 fouls called on us and only 12 on Ball St. then we will probably lose. If we are not in the bonus in the first half or second half and Ball St. is in the double bonus in the first and second half then we will probably lose. Like we did to Hawaii.

Well I should've clarified. I was excluding Washington and Houston, which were the top 2 seeds. We essentially were a 5 seed playing Hawaii the 4th seed at their place, so I meant that was unfortunate, with it being a home game for them. You're right though of course Washington would've been the toughest draw.

Well he did say he was a well known comedian, so he definitely live in a fantasy world.
I tried to keep it professional with u man and keep it to basketball. Don't go down that other fool's path unless your the same joker. This is a Miners thread keep it on topic, or don't respond to my posts Period!

I tried to keep it professional with u man and keep it to basketball. Don't go down that other fool's path unless your the same joker. This is a Miners thread keep it on topic, or don't respond to my posts Period!

Ironic that a comedian can't take a joke. :D:D:D

Given that UTEP is rarely on the TV... I for sure will be tuning in... As a bonus i'm in PST, it wont be as brutal as staying up in EP. I was so pissed off last night, I could not sleep... Slept in today and thought about it, last night I thought Edwards did a great job on D, plus he seemed to be playing better on offense. Boum seemed to be selecting his shots better, which is a GOOD thing. Terry even had Archie and Tarke play (some). Let's hope he continues to do that. If Miners can leave Hawaii 10-3. That wouldn't be so bad...

Reactions: MinerDave
Ironic that a comedian can't take a joke. :D:D:D
I can, the other guy just went too far and didn't want u to piggyback off of him and be in his category. I'm all good for a joke here n there, but on this board, I guess I've just always saw it as a very informative and good way to talk amongst UTEP fans about the Miners and that's what I've been here for all these years. I enjoy my points being challenged and visa versa though and I'll always admit when I'm wrong.

I can, the other guy just went too far and didn't want u to piggyback off of him and be in his category. I'm all good for a joke here n there, but on this board, I guess I've just always saw it as a very informative and good way to talk amongst UTEP fans about the Miners and that's what I've been here for all these years. I enjoy my points being challenged and visa versa though and I'll always admit when I'm wrong.

You're talking about the homophobic trolls on here who go too far?

All I said was you weren't a well known comedian. Calm down. I never said you were terrible.

Says the guy calling people “faygot” and other names on here. I’m sure Paul Thomas is a nice guy, but I would tell him to his face, he’s not as good as KD. Along with 1000s of other players around the country.

I’d love to watch Paul beat your smart-mouthed ass.

I’d love to watch Paul beat your smart-mouthed ass.

You don’t give him very much credit. Is he a Neanderthal nitwit? You think he would beat someone’s ass for telling him he’s not as good as KD? Give me a break. 95% of the NBA isn’t as good as KD and I’m sure Paul knows he’s not either.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Off to a quick lead. Would be nice if we can actually step on their throats and close the deal early tonight.

I'm developing a man-crush on Anthony Tarke. I love his energy, his quickness, his explosiveness. I'm very happy to see him in there helping to making things happen offensively and rebounding and changing their shots defensively.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Well, if we have 24 fouls called on us and only 12 on Ball St. then we will probably lose. If we are not in the bonus in the first half or second half and Ball St. is in the double bonus in the first and second half then we will probably lose. Like we did to Hawaii.
Well, it's 6-1 right now.

And every game I am more and more convinced that Rodney Terry is NOT an Xs and Os coach. Tarke is getting in to a nice groove so what does Terry do? Take him out and put in Efi. At the same time he keeps Archie in the game who immediately stumbles over his own feet but gets the ball to a teammate, gets the ball back and commits an offensive foul.

Ugh.

I like some of our different rotations better tonight and Vila has yet to see the floor, but we still have 8 turnovers in the first 12 minutes. That is rough.​

I am liking tarke..... can see why stroud has not been getting any time... he is not very good defensively

We are killing them on the boards. We are shooting 65% to their 40% fg percentage, yet we are tied due to 10 friggin turnovers.

Wish we’d stop turning the ball over. 8 for us to Ball St’s 2.

Attributable to the new lineups on the floor. Tarke getting more minutes, Efi in, Stroud in, Hawkins in the game. Not a lot of time spent playing real games together.

And as the score sits at 25-25, I'm digging what I see. The energy is better. There's more hustle. Tarke is boxing out and getting himself into good position for rebounds.

Vila has yet to see the floor. And even Lathon seems to be in a better groove with these different lineups.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT