ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor and the ncaa

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
So Baylor received almost no significant penalty for the Art Briles era. The ncaa did issue a show cause for one employee but not for Briles saying they did not have jurisdiction. Seems disgraceful to me but what do I know.

This means that Briles could be hired by an ncaa school such as UTEP if an opening came up.

If I'm wrong and our fb team fails to have a bowl worthy season, would you want UTEP to hire Briles as head fb coach?

Penn State rebounded from pedogate, and Baylor rebounded from the Dave Bliss scandal to win the freaking national championship. Both programs should have been shamed out of existence, but we see what happened.

I'd say that it would be terrible PR for UTEP to hire Briles, but maybe not.

Penn State rebounded from pedogate, and Baylor rebounded from the Dave Bliss scandal to win the freaking national championship. Both programs should have been shamed out of existence, but we see what happened.

I wouldn't hire Briles, but damn this program needs something to jolt them out of irrelevance.

Last edited:

The worst PR is winning 2 FBS games in 4 years and finishing last in CUSA.

So Baylor received almost no significant penalty for the Art Briles era. The ncaa did issue a show cause for one employee but not for Briles saying they did not have jurisdiction. Seems disgraceful to me but what do I know.

This means that Briles could be hired by an ncaa school such as UTEP if an opening came up.

If I'm wrong and our fb team fails to have a bowl worthy season, would you want UTEP to hire Briles as head fb coach?
No.

Didn’t he coach a high school team after Baylor and ran into trouble there as well?

Reactions: techsloth
Didn’t he coach a high school team after Baylor and ran into trouble there as well?
Yeah, Mount Vernon HS. Not sticking up for him cuz I don’t care much for the guy, but pretty sure he left the community on good terms.

I would be ecstatic if we hired his son Kendall. He applied when Senter hired Dimel. I don't expect to see Art Briles get another chance.

Reactions: FedupMiner
The NCAA is full of crap on so many levels. We’ve seen it time and time again that bigger schools get little to no penalty for their violations. I don’t know if UTEP should hire Briles. Scandal aside he is 65 and by next year it will be 7 years since he coached at a college program.

Reactions: Taco1977
The NCAA is full of crap on so many levels. We’ve seen it time and time again that bigger schools get little to no penalty for their violations. I don’t know if UTEP should hire Briles. Scandal aside he is 65 and by next year it will be 7 years since he coached at a college program.
He still has connections in all of the major high schools in Texas. We would start winning year one!

Didn't one of the Baylor football players that was involved in the whole rape scandal recently get found not guilty?

NVM, it was 2019.

I have stated (to NoWins) that I am more than willing to give Dimel a charity year just because Covid was a world wide disaster. He has solid talent this year but my expectations are low just based on his resume here and his prior gigs.

With that being said, his chances of departure from UTEP are high coming into this year. His seat is red hot because Senter can't afford losing season after losing season and Dimel (as with Terry) is running his reputation in the mud in an El Paso monsoon soaked street. Wadley is the last of the Kugler era, the rest are Dimel's, no excuses. So if is Dimel fired can we just drop the "Hire Briles" talk? No one wants him and Wilson is not going to touch him.

I have stated (to NoWins) that I am more than willing to give Dimel a charity year just because Covid was a world wide disaster. He has solid talent this year but my expectations are low just based on his resume here and his prior gigs.

With that being said, his chances of departure from UTEP are high coming into this year. His seat is red hot because Senter can't afford losing season after losing season and Dimel (as with Terry) is running his reputation in the mud in an El Paso monsoon soaked street. Wadley is the last of the Kugler era, the rest are Dimel's, no excuses. So if is Dimel fired can we just drop the "Hire Briles" talk? No one wants him and Wilson is not going to touch him.
Tom Herman ??

I wouldn’t think so either but he’s not coaching and could use it as a quick stop to relaunch his name a la Bobby Petrino Western Kentucky
He’s rehabbing his rep as an offensive analyst with Da Bears! Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes and spends a year or two with Saban after his current role.

Wherever he ends up, he’s probably best off not having all the prima donnas. Seems to get way more out of his guys who play with a chip on their shoulder.

Reactions: Lil_Train
He’s rehabbing his rep as an offensive analyst with Da Bears! Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes and spends a year or two with Saban after his current role.

Wherever he ends up, he’s probably best off not having all the prima donnas. Seems to get way more out of his guys who play with a chip on their shoulder.
Interesting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT