ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor might steal our claim to fame this year

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
They’re legit. Nasty D. Big, athletic guards that can shoot. Tough out.

Baylor is amazing!! Had season tickets the past two years and saw this group being put together... the 3pt shooting and defense is ridiculous

Reactions: unihorn
Put me down for the Zags simply because they have so much experience coming up short that this will be the year they pull it off. Simply because this year there will be no fans (few if any) and no home court advantage.

From what I hear both teams are trying to reschedule but it will be difficult because Baylor is going to have to makeup a few conference games

Who would you all pick if you have seen them play Gonzaga or Baylor ? Honestly like I said I have seen every Baylor game and I can’t see them losing with their defense and their guards ...

Who would you all pick if you have seen them play Gonzaga or Baylor ? Honestly like I said I have seen every Baylor game and I can’t see them losing with their defense and their guards ...
I would take Baylor by a nose. Those two teams are a few notches above everyone else.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
My money is on VillaNoFun (my kid in Philly says that's what her school calls them).

Baylor blows it in the tourney.

My money is on VillaNoFun (my kid in Philly says that's what her school calls them).

Baylor blows it in the tourney.

Defense wins championships and Baylor’s defense is the best bar none, but upsets always happen

I feel that college basketball is all about the coach as long as you have competitive talent. Unfortunately the one and done rule has really hurt the mid-major schools the most in acquiring talent. The top talent will always be going to the top schools as they are rotating through as one and done players. This leaves less options for talent at the other 250 schools in D-1 while fighting each other for the remaining talent available.

Also, a school may have a good coach but if the kids are not interested in staying at school (only looking to be a pro) it is difficult to have consistency.

Coaching, student athletes staying in college for 3-4 years for consistency, and talent are what helped UTEP in the past to be successful. With the way college basketball is now, I'm not sure UTEP will ever get back to the level of success it has had in the past. Unfortunately, it almost feels hopeless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT