ADVERTISEMENT

Beard fired

It's crazy how fast dreams can come true. Too bad Terry won't be able to take advantage of it.

It's crazy how fast dreams can come true. Too bad Terry won't be able to take advantage of it.
I don’t think Terry ever dreamed of being HC at Texas. Top assistant under Beard WAS his dream job IMO.

Now he’s in the pressure cooker.

What kind of loser mentality is that?
That’s not a loser mentality. Some people would rather be the Indian than the Chief. Also, he’s making 6 figures a year.

He didn’t decide to drop out of college to work 16 hours a week at McDonalds. Or go and commit numerous misdemeanors and felonies like real “losers”.

Alright, the people have spoken. Aspiring to be an assistant coach instead of the head coach is a winner's mentality.

Alright, the people have spoken. Aspiring to be an assistant coach instead of the head coach is a winner's mentality.
Just my opinion from watching him closely for years. I don’t know what he’s thinking right now.

Austin, TX about to find out how bad a “X’s and O’s” coach Terry Really is, as well as a horrible people manager. Bad planner and doesn’t prepare. He blames everybody else but himself. His time in Austin will be short-lived, I doubt the talent will overcome his guidance- I could be wrong- Austin may come after Golding after this season if successful.

Austin, TX about to find out how bad a “X’s and O’s” coach Terry Really is, as well as a horrible people manager. Bad planner and doesn’t prepare. He blames everybody else but himself. His time in Austin will be short-lived, I doubt the talent will overcome his guidance- I could be wrong- Austin may come after Golding after this season if successful.
Golding at UT? Hahaha

They will go after only the best.

• Haha
Reactions: fwahbevo
I get what you’re saying. We’ll see if he nuts up I guess.
Here's my question. Let's assume he does better than expected and takes Texas to the sweet 16. Then let's assume they offer him the HC job. Do you think he would decline it?

Beard is facing actual possible prison time. The Beard to UTEP because he's a friend of Golding will not happen.

Reactions: Prospero915
Here's my question. Let's assume he does better than expected and takes Texas to the sweet 16. Then let's assume they offer him the HC job. Do you think he would decline it?
I think there’s more to it than that. Beard had four big time recruits on deck. How recruiting looks will also be a major factor.

I just don’t think Terry is the guy. I think they make Jay Wright say no, then go after people like the guy at Harvard, maybe Musselman — those types.

Last edited:
Someone will hire Beard — a better school than UTEP.
I am sure someone will eventually, but I would not think a major university will hire him within the next year or two. He should come work with his friend Joe for a season and help him win some games. Look at how long it took Chris Jans to get a P5/High major job and what he did was nowhere near as bad as what Beard was charged with.

He has the best criminal attorney in Austin. His gf has already walked back some of what she had said previously. First time offender.

Zero chance he goes to jail.
"Frankly, dropping assault charges can be difficult. Calling the police to ask that the charges be dropped almost never works, no matter what you say"-http://www.lusterlaw.com/page/assau...ault-bodily-injury-texas-family-violence#drop

"If the victimized spouse recants her statements, the prosecutor can still charge the abusive spouse of domestic violence."https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/ut...-charge-university-of-texas-austin-basketball

"Just because a survivor no longer wishes to cooperate doesn't mean the case gets dropped. Unlike a private lawsuit between two parties, criminal cases like domestic violence are handled by a prosecutor's or district attorney's office. Therefore, the case against the defendant will continue even if the survivor recants statements, assuming the prosecutor has enough other evidence available to support the charges. Other evidence of the crime might include: https://www.findlaw.com/family/domestic-violence/the-recanting-victim-and-domestic-violence.html

• Police reports
  • Photographs of injuries or property damage
  • Audio or video recordings, including 911 calls
  • Statements or threats made on social media
  • Medical records
  • Eyewitness accounts"

The odds are against him from what has been reported from media who read police reports. But public and media be damned, everyone gets a day in court in this country and the pressure is always on the prosecution.

Let me be clear, I cheer for UT. This f'en sucks!

Reactions: Prospero915
"Frankly, dropping assault charges can be difficult. Calling the police to ask that the charges be dropped almost never works, no matter what you say"-http://www.lusterlaw.com/page/assau...ault-bodily-injury-texas-family-violence#drop

"If the victimized spouse recants her statements, the prosecutor can still charge the abusive spouse of domestic violence."https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/ut...-charge-university-of-texas-austin-basketball

"Just because a survivor no longer wishes to cooperate doesn't mean the case gets dropped. Unlike a private lawsuit between two parties, criminal cases like domestic violence are handled by a prosecutor's or district attorney's office. Therefore, the case against the defendant will continue even if the survivor recants statements, assuming the prosecutor has enough other evidence available to support the charges. Other evidence of the crime might include: https://www.findlaw.com/family/domestic-violence/the-recanting-victim-and-domestic-violence.html

• Police reports
  • Photographs of injuries or property damage
  • Audio or video recordings, including 911 calls
  • Statements or threats made on social media
  • Medical records
  • Eyewitness accounts"

The odds are against him from what has been reported from media who read police reports. But public and media be damned, everyone gets a day in court in this country and the pressure is always on the prosecution.

Let me be clear, I cheer for UT. This f'en sucks!
Correct — even if she drops charges the DA can still go after him.

I am sure someone will eventually, but I would not think a major university will hire him within the next year or two. He should come work with his friend Joe for a season and help him win some games. Look at how long it took Chris Jans to get a P5/High major job and what he did was nowhere near as bad as what Beard was charged with.
That’d be awesome. UTEP = 2nd chance U!

(El Paso, TX - March 29, 2025) - Texas El Paso Athletic Director, Dana Dimel, announced today that the next head basketball coach at UTEP will be Chris Beard, former head basketball coach at the University of Texas.
Dimel, our future AD?

no-noooo.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT