ADVERTISEMENT

Beard fired

After reading up on articles related to Heiar debacle about mid major coaches who went on a path of redemption the past few years, Beard's best option is to go the assistant route, help make that program a force to be reckoned with, pay your dues, and if the stars line up, sign that nice contract. Forbes helped Wichita State and made ETSU a tough mid major (and was UTEP's first choice but ETSU counter offered with way more money and so UTEP offered RT).

I am saying what the precedent is regarding his situation. The charges were dropped and no NCAA investigation(s). Since he and Golding are good friends, if CG, Senter and Wilson were to consider to bring him on, I'm ok with it. Mike Price made the most of his situation and became a great ambassador for Miner Athletics and the Sun Bowl, so why not?

Last edited:
After reading up on articles related to Heiar debacle about mid major coaches who went on a path of redemption the past few years, Beard's best option is to go the assistant route, help make that program a force to be reckoned with, pay your dues, and if the stars line up, sign that nice contract. Forbes helped Wichita State and made ETSU a tough mid major (and was UTEP's first choice but ETSU counter offered with way more money and so UTEP offered RT).

I am saying what the precedent is regarding his situation. The charges were dropped and no NCAA investigation(s). Since he and Golding are good friends, if CG, Senter and Wilson were to consider to bring him on, I'm ok with it. Mike Price made the most of his situation and became a great ambassador for Miner Athletics and the Sun Bowl, so why not?
Beard will get a head coaching job next year and probably power 5

Beard could also go be an NBA assistant for awhile.

Terry took over the #7 team in the nation and finished the season as the #7 team. Proved a lot of us wrong. I don’t think he has done enough to secure the job. Probably has to win at least another 6 games.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Terry took over the #7 team in the nation and finished the season as the #7 team. Proved a lot of us wrong. I don’t think he has done enough to secure the job. Probably has to win at least another 6 games.
Maybe Golding could have done the same thing. Who knows.

I would need to see more. Terry is a good recruiter, but over recruiting, in game management and substituting hurt him at UTEP. Maybe he has progressed simce then. He sure did get the opportunity of a lifetime and ran with it (do far).

Maybe Golding could have done the same thing. Who knows.

I would need to see more. Terry is a good recruiter, but over recruiting, in game management and substituting hurt him at UTEP. Maybe he has progressed simce then. He sure did get the opportunity of a lifetime and ran with it (do far).
I think there's just such an abundance of talent at Texas that the team practically runs itself. He doesn't even have an Eric Vila to put in. It's a Terry-proof roster.

Good players make coaches look good more than good coaching makes players look good. More than anything, he is winning because he has outstanding talent, but you also have to give him credit for keeping the ship straight. He already has two 5* freshmen signed. That said, I still think he needs a good run in the post season to get hired full time.

This makes no sense
He was handed a top 10 roster and he just did not mess it up
Good but not top coach in the country good

What about Dusty May?

Sporting News must be so far left their guilt make them choose someone who is not white

This makes no sense
He was handed a top 10 roster and he just did not mess it up
Good but not top coach in the country good

What about Dusty May?

Sporting News must be so far left their guilt make them choose someone who is not white

1 coached in the best basketball league in the country. The other got to play UTSA, UTEP, and FIU 6 times. Hmmmmmm

Chris Collins lost one starter to UNC, another senior to Dook, brought in Tydus Verhoeven, and achieved the 2nd overall seed in the Big Ten Tournament when he had been picked to finish 13th out of 14 in the preseason. I think that's more impressive than what Terry did, although no small part of the credit belongs to Chris Lowery who was brought in as an assistant to install his defense.

Still- NOBODY thought they would go 28-3 and 18-2
And that is the difference. Texas has expectations, FAU didn’t. Terry had to keep UT at the same level. May could have gone 22-9, finished in 3rd place, and still have done a good job. He doesn’t have the same pressure as RT. Doesn’t mean he didn’t do an outstanding job.

The Coach of the Year is always debatable. The NCAA should name a P5 and G5 Coach of the Year. The Big 12 is loaded with talented teams so Terrys coaching had something to do with the 2nd place finish. I figured it would be a battle between Kansas and UT for the champion and it came down to the wire. I am no Terry fan because of his poor performance here, but I always give credit where credit is due. He did a good job coaching this year and it appears he learned under Beard and improved. Good for him.

Last edited:
What kind of "vetting" can be done? Chasing down all his past girlfriends and making sure he didn't beat them up?
The man is going to coach basketball- not be morally superior

I hope he get a nic contact at ole miss or somewhere but I also hope he sues and collects millions from texas for the shameful firing

• Haha
Reactions: MINER.JAY
I hope he get a nic contact at ole miss or somewhere but I also hope he sues and collects millions from texas for the shameful firing

He and his lawyer/agent signed the contract. If he was CHARGED with a misdemeanor, it was grounds for dismissal with cause. He has no leg to stand on against UT. The Austin PD is another issue. I hope his inner cirlce learn their lesson, don't let the cops get involved, don't agree to terms like that again when you have leverage. His contract at Ole Miss will probably have domestic violence clauses in it now, but hope he runs with his 2nd chance and makes the best of it. Hope the fiancé is ok, hope both of them grow from this experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT