ADVERTISEMENT

Beard re: UTEP

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
HC Chris Beard

“There are highlight games and neutral site games this coming season for Texas basketball. Just wanted to get your thoughts on some of those matchups.”

CB: “Yeah, so we open it up against UTEP, a team that’s very well coached…They had an incredible turnaround last year…

The most talked about transfer has been SirJabari Rice, the guard transfer from New Mexico State. They say his shooting has been solid and that he plays really tough defense, which of course is the hallmark of any Chris Beard player. From my understanding, he’s becoming a leader already, and is making his name known to the team and Coach Beard.

Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate_-_Character_Art_-_Toon_Link.png

CB: “Yeah, so we open it up against UTEP, a team that’s very well coached…They had an incredible turnaround last year…
Couldn't say that about our previous coach.

I already got my tickets for the game. I paid $10 to see them vs Oklahoma last year. Had to pay 10x more for this game.

Reactions: unihorn
aren’t golding and beard buddies making his accolades about utep bb a bit suspicious ? i unfortunately fear golding may have alot in common with floyd, great x’s and o’s but subpar recruiting. so far very unimpressed with golding’s recruiting, especially his inability to land a decent big man despite multiple failed offers the last few recruiting cycles

aren’t golding and beard buddies making his accolades about utep bb a bit suspicious ? i unfortunately fear golding may have alot in common with floyd, great x’s and o’s but subpar recruiting. so far very unimpressed with golding’s recruiting, especially his inability to land a decent big man despite multiple failed offers the last few recruiting cycles
I'm not to the moon with the ratings of the transfers and recruits. However stars don't tell the whole story. We don't know what kind of players these guys will be at Utep until they play a season here. So I'll give it a chance with an open mind, though I'm not expecting a whole lot, but would like to be surprised.

Spot on. It's hilarious that Beard said UTEP had an "incredibly turnaround".

Couldn't say that about our previous coach.

I already got my tickets for the game. I paid $10 to see them vs Oklahoma last year. Had to pay 10x more for this game.

You bought the tickets directly from the University? Tickets aren't on sale yet.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Average about 175-200 per game x 18 games in the season.

Really? What seats? On the secondary market tickets aren't that expensive. I call BS, unless you can prove your figures.

Really? What seats? On the secondary market tickets aren't that expensive. I call BS, unless you can prove your figures.

Lmfao. Sure use last year's figures when ATX was in last place.

• Haha
Reactions: T-6 Miner
Lmfao. Sure use last year's figures when ATX was in last place.

So you only started selling tickets this year?

Even now they're cheap. There is no way you are making that much, after fees, taxes, and cost of the ticket.

So you only started selling tickets this year?

Even now they're cheap. There is no way you are making that much, after fees, taxes, and cost of the ticket.
On average I sell both tickets for 180 sometimes more others a little less.

So each ticket you sell for around $90? How much do you pay for each ticket?
Yes. It averages to about $26-27 a ticket with the 17 regular season games. It was 450 per season ticket. They just raised the 2023 prices to 500. We also get one or two friendly games but those normally sell for 40-60.

Yes. It averages to about $26-27 a ticket with the 17 regular season games. It was 450 per season ticket. They just raised the 2023 prices to 500. We also get one or two friendly games but those normally sell for 40-60.

LOL Well that was easy.

90-27= 63

63x2= 126

You are making around $126 per game. Subtract fees and taxes and it's a lot less.

Reactions: JCorona
I haven't seen the great Xs and Os yet either. I would say (from what I have seen) he is above average and I do think he will get better with more experience. Floyd was much better in that regard.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I'm not to the moon with the ratings of the transfers and recruits. However stars don't tell the whole story. We don't know what kind of players these guys will be at Utep until they play a season here. So I'll give it a chance with an open mind, though I'm not expecting a whole lot, but would like to be surprised.
Exactly. I would imagine that on paper this current Miner roster is better than the Abilene Christian roster that beat Texas. Hopefully Golding can develop a little chemistry and get everything out of these guys like he did that ACU team.

Exactly. I would imagine that on paper this current Miner roster is better than the Abilene Christian roster that beat Texas. Hopefully Golding can develop a little chemistry and get everything out of these guys like he did that ACU team.
He got a huge assist from Shaka in that win if we’re being honest.

He got a huge assist from Shaka in that win if we’re being honest.
I wouldn’t dispute that. However, it was still David vs. Goliath. ACU had to play well to get the win. They only had 5 losses on the year. Point being, not the best team on paper but found a way to get shit done through team chemistry and balls to the wall defense.

Hope we can do something similar with our “lackluster” recruiting class.

I wouldn’t dispute that. However, it was still David vs. Goliath. ACU had to play well to get the win. They only had 5 losses on the year. Point being, not the best team on paper but found a way to get shit done through team chemistry and balls to the wall defense.

Hope we can do something similar with our “lackluster” recruiting class.
ACU earned that win.

Players love Shaka, and he’s a pretty good recruiter, but once he abandoned his “havoc” style in the B12, he was totally outmatched as a coach.

I think you’re putting too much weight on 1 game. Texas probably wins that game 90 or 95 times out of 100. Aside from the fact, that nobody here has watched any other ACU game aside from that one.

Reactions: denverutep
I think you’re putting too much weight on 1 game. Texas probably wins that game 90 or 95 times out of 100. Aside from the fact, that nobody here has watched any other ACU game aside from that one.
Which is a fact? 90/100 or 95/100?

The Southland was horrible that year. It was ranked second to last or something like that. He beat a bunch of teams rated in the 300s.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT